FAMILY RIGHTS ADVOCATE, AUTHOR

Pueblo May 13-14

Intensive training for anyone who may be affected by
Child Protective Services
Attorneys, Judges, Agency Directors, Supervisors
Family Law Service Providers
CASA, Foster Parents, Therapists, Counselors,
Case Workers, Family Members, Legislators

8 CLE credits for Attorneys on Saturday.
All reservations can be made by paypal to [email protected]

€ History of Child Protection and Outcomes
€ Civil vs. Criminal Court
€ Parental and Family Rights Laws
€ Fight or Cooperate? Benefits & Consequences
€ A Four-Prong Approach for Managing Your Case for Results
€ Combating False Allegations € Effective Advocacy
€ Unauthorized Practice of Law
Family Association Is a Fundamental Human Right
The seminar is highly interactive and includes state-specific information and tactics. Questions are welcome, however, due to time constraints we will NOT be discussing individual cases. The intent of this seminar is to empower individuals with the knowledge to effectively manage their own family or friends' case.

Information, Reservations: Rosemary 970-493-2373 or
Christine Korn 719-372-9684 [email protected]
If you don€™t know your rights, you don€™t HAVE any!
www.coloradofrai.org

COFRAI
05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Family Rights
Advocacy Institute

Family Rights Advocacy Institute announces it's Continuing Legal
Education course "Issues and Strategies in Dependency & Neglect Cases" on Saturday May 14, 2005.

This seminar offers 8 CLE credits and is designed for respondent parent attorneys and Guardians ad litem representing parents or children in D&N cases. It is the product of 14 years of research and collaboration with the legal, mental health and social work professions nationwide. In the seminar, you will learn strategies which have been proven successful in insuring that the best interests of the child and the rights of the children and the parents are effectively represented in court while facilitating the speedy reunification of the family. This training is especially valuable for court appointed attorneys who will learn how to streamline case management and utilize community resources to assist
with their cases. Mental health and social work professionals involved with child welfare will also benefit from the information made available during the seminar.

The CLE portion of the seminar consists of one day of a three day
seminar which intensively covers D&N investigations, interventions and court cases. Friday night is a discussion of the history, funding and outcomes of child welfare. The Saturday session is the CLE session and covers legal aspects of cases. The Sunday session expands on the discussion to include other strategies and information which can be utilized by families who are involved with child welfare investigations or cases.

Saturday, May 14, 2005, from 8:30 am to 5 pm is the CLE portion of the seminar. However, all are invited to attend the entire 3 day seminar being held in Pueblo, CO May 13-14-15, 2005 to obtain the full perspective.

Times:
Friday, May 13, 2005 - 6 pm to 10 pm
Saturday, May 14, 2005 (CLE) - 8:30 am to 5 pm
Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 8:30 am to 5 pm

Cost: Pre registration:
CLE for attorneys: $150
General public: $35
Seating is limited. To pre-register* go to
http://www.profane-justice.org/html/current_seminar.html

Location: Carefree Inn and Suites, I-25 and Hwy 50, Pueblo, CO.
For more information contact

Christine Korn 719-372-9684 [email protected]
Or Rosemary Van Gorder 970-493-2373 [email protected]
Or go to www.coloradofrai.org

COFRAI
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Sorry if it seems like I am spamming the board. I don't mean to. I just wanted everyone who may have an interest to know about this unique seminar. It really is full of vital information for parents and professionals alike. And more and more Colorado people appear to be facing false allegations of child abuse and neglect without having one clue how to defend themselves. This can cost you a child forever, and you may not have ANY guilt. Everyone who has a child or cares about one should know the information provided by this class. Attorneys who accept "D&N" cases MUST know this information, and no law school we have found teaches it. PLEASE share this information! Christine.