PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

viking002
06-01-2009, 09:29 PM
How do you like windows 7? better than the ME of the 21st century.(vista)dont you think? Linux Rocks Slackware Rocks!
By the way good spyware suggestion malwarebytes is free also and works well in tandem with spybot. Avast is also a great free antivirus . combofix works well to. Nothing like winternals to boot a hard to fix box though.!

Usmorlans.com
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
The real verdict...the end user...is still in question on 7...we will find out in Oct. when it becomes available to the public. So far the pre-release seems to be running well in the test PC...[8D]

viking002
06-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Indeed you are right! 7 seems to have been better coordinated with software and hardware vendors. it detected and installed drivers for a very tricky video card a ati hd 2600 pro agp pci express chipset backported to agp . among other things that made me beleive that MS got wiser after vista's release.:D

RR-Guy
06-14-2009, 11:38 AM
I've been successfully using Vista for about year now on a Dell notebook, and very satisfied. I never once thought about going back to XP. :)

I've recently updated to Vista SP2, and it is still running very well, and I'm assuming that Vista SP2 is probably very close to what Windows 7 will be. :) [8D]

mikeross
11-19-2009, 06:39 PM
I heard that windows 7 has a lot of bugs. How true is this? Which operating system would be fit for gaming? Thanks!

Usmorlans.com
11-20-2009, 05:07 AM
7 must have some bugs. In my own time with it I have found none and have had no probs. I would be stunned if there weren't some issues as it continues to roll out. As far as games go...I personally contend that it is the hardware in the computer that is more relevant than is worrying about which OS to use. You need MEGA RAM and a speedy processor to effectively have a good gaming machine.[8D]

ninjashoes
03-17-2010, 08:40 AM
I agree with you about linux. I have pretty much completely switched to Fedora but I still dual boot so I can play games.

Usmorlans.com
03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I have been using 7 on my laptop and I have to say that I really like it a lot. It is a lot more compatible with some old scanners that I like to use than Vista was. I did have to add RAM to up the laptop to 2GB and it is just as speedy as could be.

jennamedico
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Not is quite easy with Windows 7, it makes some things go difficult. Like installation of certain software's etc.