PDA

View Full Version : Trinidad's News Sources

Sonnet
08-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Just curious: what are Trinidad's main media sources? The Pueblo Chieftain? The Gazette? The Denver Post, the Albuquerque Sun? Do you tune in to Southern Colorado radio and TV stations, or New Mexico? Do you have your own newspaper or other media outlets?

Sonnet
08-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Wow. Do you just not talk to strangers here, or what? I come in peace, asking simple, harmless questions. [8)]

admin
08-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Sonnet,

Hello and Greetings! Seems that most people near or in Trinidad are not really in the Computer age yet and maybe you are getting a feel for that. Hey this is old west here not LA and most importantly we are on the most incredible time zone that we lovingly call Mountain Time. And Mountain Time is this wonderful "When I get to it approach". To live here and to email here you just need a bit more patience.

Trinidad has the Chronicle News for a local Paper source. But hey we are also worldly and read other papers too such as the Pueblo Chieftain and Colorado Springs Gazette and Denver Post. Just what ever strikes your fancy.

And you will notice that KSPK and KCRT are some of our local radio stations. Cell phone is line of site even driving up the Interstate you will lose your signal in site of the towers and radio is much the same.

Just in our own little world down here it seems living life at a slower pace. Come enjoy it with us!

Charlie

Sonnet
08-04-2004, 12:37 PM
I was born on Mountain Time myself and have spent my whole life just a couple of hours north of your fair city - and fell in love with Trinidad and its history the minute I saw it two summers ago. I'd like to spend more time there, strolling through the cemeteries and museums, standing in silence on the hallowed ground of Ludlow.

I was curious about radio reception, whether or not you can hear any of the stations broadcasting from the Springs or Pueblo, or perhaps up from New Mexico; I guess not, then...

Thanks for the reply. I was worried that perhaps you didn't take kindly to non-citizens posting on your board. [:I]

admin
08-04-2004, 12:51 PM
Sonnet,

Personally I hate all the commercials on radio but do occassionally listen in the car only when traveling but we do get some Pueblo Stations. But then again it depends if you are in your home, have an antenna or what your reception is.

And you will see very few posts from me since we are so busy with our Real Estate business that we just don't have much time to post and reply. But you sounded so disappointed that no one answered you so I thought I would at least let you know that there is life here in Trinidad. :D

There are many wonderful places to explore near by and in town. Such a colorful history we have here. Do come down and stroll the streets and historical areas. Thanks for posting!

Charlie

internetdaze
08-08-2004, 11:17 PM
We also have the Times Independent Newspaper that you can read on line at http://www.trinidad-times.com/main.asp?SectionID=14 The Chronicle News is on line, but you have to pay to read in on line. They are at: http://www.trinidadchroniclenews.com/trinidad/and lastly, we have the Raton Range, which owns the Times Independent. They are at: http://www.ratonrange.com/main.asp?SectionID=2Also, if you have a really good radio, you get Colorado Springs radio stations, the only one mine will pick up is the Christian station. No one gets the Raton radio station that I know of. As far as television news, I have Direct TV and you have to pay extra to get the local news stations out of Colorado Springs, which I do, but I don't know how many other people do. I am not sure if the local channels are included with cable service or not. Our local cable company is Adelphia.
Have a great day!
Sherry

Landstander
08-16-2004, 10:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sonnet

I was curious about radio reception, whether or not you can hear any of the stations broadcasting from the Springs or Pueblo, or perhaps up from New Mexico; I guess not, then...
[:I]

You need a good radio to get decent reception of the Pueblo, Co. Springs and Denver radio stations here in Trinidad - or preferably an external antenna focused northwards. I did some research into the best portable radios - the best is a model by the C. Crane comapny but retails for a whopping $200. Fortunately, the next best and nearly as good radio is the GE Superadio IV which is available on eBay for well under $50.