Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: area info

Here you pay the city to fix most everything. Need a permit to pee!!! No sweat on T. if he needs help it is here. He will fare just fine though. I have no doubt. I could just find him probably...it is a small place
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:34 PM.
    www.Usmorlans.com the place for all things computer

US-I gave him your number via text. It is my hope that he will give you a holler if he turns his phone on! I just received a call from a local realtor who had said Tony missed him - he too is tracking him down. Guess he likes the place or he would have already headed out of town. That is a very good sign. From this forum I gather you're not feeling well...Please don't go out today if you're not up to it. Oh! how much is the permit to cut firewood? In Durango its $10.00.
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:34 PM.

I could sit here all day but gotta get out in the real world. Sometimes I despise being a grown up!
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:35 PM.

I am not sure on the firewood issue here. I have a guess but pretty sure that Scoutmaster or DoubleBarrel or Weston would know for sure. Hopefully they will chime in. You in town yet DB?
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:35 PM.

LOL! Firewood, freakin firewood! Permit? There is so much free firewood around here. You can pick up a cord at Dochtor's for $30 if you want to go the easy route. Or you can contact just about any land owner and they'd be happy to give you all the firewood you can handle. You can come out to my place and cut firewood til the cows come home. :) FREE!
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:36 PM.

gotblue sorry I don't know the answer to the firewood permit. I would say go to Double Barrel it freeee!:D
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    THE BEST TO ALL. www.CashInBiz.com

gotblues; here's the deal on the trees around here. I had a forest assessment handy but I can't find it now. According the the assessment, my area count was 375 trees per acre. To be healthy, a managed forest should only have about 75 trees per acre. This overgrowth is one of the many reasons that the Mule Deer population is on the decline. The forest floor is heavily laden with pine needles and chokes out the feed grasses. Pine needles are high in acid and also make it an extreme fire hazard. There are some areas that have taken on some thining and the result is obvious; a much heathier forest. An example of this can be seen just north of Stonewall on the west side of Highway 12. Thinning isn't cheap and is a lot of work but this area is in drastic need of habitat improvement. Good news is that the Dept. of Natural Resouces in alliance with the CO Dept. of Wildlife is currently reviewing a Wildlife Habitat Improvement Incentive program for Porgitore drainage areas west of Weston (Wet Canyon Rd.).

Mule Deer have a tough time around here; lack of natural foods, relatively high population of mountain lions, and poachers.

A couple other probems that exist are pine beetles and mistletoe.

Any wise forest land owner would be more than happy to mark trees for you to take out for free. Afterall, its a win-win for both parties. Think ahead though, the wood will be green and will need to season for at least 6 months in dry conditions. Oh - one more thing, most of the wood here at my elevations is Ponderosa Pine and various Fir. If you are lucky you will find some sizeable scrub oak too. The trees types vary based on elevation. Here's a link to learn more about trees in Southern Rockies: http:/home.earthlink.net/~swier/RkyMtnTrees.html
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks DB for the free wood! I will check out the website you mentioned. The info you provide is so helpful and yes.....I do plan ahead....I also know about green wood....it doesn't burn very well..Take care DB.
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-06-2010 at 08:39 PM.

I am looking for a family member Marie Agnes Garcia Rivera and also looking to find possibly the school she attended back in the day. She was born 1948 and is now be 57 yrs old, so she may have graduated in 1965. I do realize her old school may not be around anymore but I would like if anyone might have info on the name of the schools back then and any other info I can get. I may be able to track some of my mothers history that way by possibly being able to get some old school records.

Desiree, did you post in the Geneology tab? You may get much better help there. Was this in Trinidad or out in the county?