Adobe Gold 728x90 #2

Thread: Lucia Boggio

Lucia Boggio

I read on the site that Lucia Boggio had attended St. Joseph's Academy, but I can't find any information anywhere else in the web about this academy. I am interested, because I'm researching the life of Sofia Abreu who also attended St. Joseph's Academy and graduated sometime before 1912. If you can give any information about the school, the types of courses taught there, or idea about how to access old records from the time when Sofia Abreu would have attended I would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 02-28-2010 at 04:44 PM.

"This was the first mission of the Sisters of Charity in Colorado. They opened the school, St Joseph's Academy, on March 4, 1870. St. Joseph's Academy, the convent school of the Sisters of Charity, was doing very well with one hundred twenty-three public school students and twenty-two in the select and boarding school. The Mother Superior of the order was Sister Marcelline." Quote taken from "Trinidad Colorado Territory" by Morris F. Taylor.

In the Aultman Collection of photos there is a listing of a Sofa Abrean, dated 1890. It could just be a misspelling. The call number is.....511. You can obtain this photo by contacting the Stephen H. Hart Library in Denver, Co. 303-866-2305. I can't say for sure that this is the woman that you are doing research on, but you can decide on that.

If you give me a couple of days I think I have a listing of some of the graduates from St. Joseph Academy during that time era, and possibly more information.

My grandmother also went to that school.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 02-28-2010 at 04:44 PM.

I called the Stephen H. Hart Library at the number that you gave me, but decided not to order a copy of the photograph since it would have cost $20 for the smallest print plus shipping. However, the lady on the phone gave me some ideas about how to do research through census records.

Any more information that you can give me would be deeply appreciated. Thanks for your help.

-Rachel
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 02-28-2010 at 04:45 PM.