Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you graduate from THS in the 70's?

Pssssst, SHHHHHHH, don't say Lackey !!! I don't think that way; I will have the UTMOST RESPECT for anyone to whom I will be delegating tasks for putting my list together. Petey, give me what you got first and I will e-mail all of those folks with a form letter asking to get in touch with other classmates from '77 they know and get permission to send me their e-mail addresses. This is starting to get fun !

I have the complete lists that Debbie did such awesome work on back then for the tri reunion. A little something to think of...costs...we have to SNAIL mail to the many whom we do not have valid emails for and/or call parents to find the kids etc...gets very costly...Debbie shelled out close to 500 for the other. I know!@
    The postage and mailing supplies etc...was pretty costly by the time we got it all out there. We also made books for it...did you get one Wayne? Bear's little sis Tracy took mine and still has it as it had a lot of information for the 3 years of 77-79. I will donate the funds to work on the class of 78! I can do the mailings enmasse from here as I am a registered postmaster and donate the postage etc...This will be some major work. Sam will help you and so would KimN or Bear maybe?

I recently found my Tri-Reunion Book. I'll bring it with if I get a chance to come down for Trinidadio Blues. Maybe we should do an 18 month plan ?

Wayne 18 months or more....finding people takes serious time. Best way is to plan our events on a calender and then once we have a time table and events at least brainstormed and a few more folks to help we can start mailing, phoning and emailing till our fingers bleed. Then the replied come and it gets more fun.

Hey youse 1977 THS Miners, are we gonna have a 30 year Reunion next year or not ? I gotta admit, I liked the tri-year class reunion but our BIG 30 is coming soon. Who's up for a fiesta ?

Wayne, Trudy is trying to organize something I think. That is what WallyBear told me! I will see if I can find out more.

Very groovy, hope Trudy gets some inertia going. Would have a good time seeing everyone again.

Wayne O and Petey. . . . interjecting my 2 cents. . . maybe it doesn't need to be that hard. . . For all the effort Debbie did . . . the most disappointing thing to me. . . because you guys know I had to travel to get here. . . . was that the locals. . . and by locals I mean people who were within drivable distances. . . did not come. I would think you could use the work that has been done. . . and go from there to plan it. I think the same people will come, and the same people will stay home. . .
    The classmates thing that Debbie had is a great way to get out the message. . .
    I would love to see an all 70's reunion or even a 3 year group like we had. . . or whatever.

Kim, It took a year or more of planning and money. It takes about 3 people per class and about 500 per class to get it done properly. It is fun that way but there is no easy way out. There are LOTS of reasons folks don't come...Money, schedules, health...I didn't make the first couple of reunions for those reasons and yes I was in driving distance...You NEVER know who will respond or of those that do respond who is going to come...oh you can count on some to make it for sure no matter what but there is about 35 or % that are very random in the ability to attend. It is a very difficult undertaking. If we get enough help I will also help again to set it up. Just want to make sure anyone wanting to get involved knows what kind of thing they would be getting into.

Petey. . . I don't doubt anything that you are saying. . . and honestly after the last reunion I swore that I would never come again . . .
    My motto is simple is easier. . . what can be done to make it easier. . . that is my only point. . .
    I know that Debbie and Julie worked thier hineys off. . . so whoever wants to take on the task must work well together and they have to kind of like each other so they can get a lot done. They also must have the time to donate to the cause. . . which is for me the biggest issue. . . my time is pretty well taken up.