Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Youse guys are giving me gas with all the chingers going on! Can't we all just [u]Get Along</u>?
    Gotta go now and place an order for some more oil stock. Later.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Wayne,
    Good luck in your business!! :)
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Wayne, Good luck brother. You know I am here if you need me.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Pete and chsreves. Hey Zonie63, I heard good ol fashion baking soda in water releives gas ! Watch out when you buy stock though. The next thing ya know we will have "The Day After Tomorrow" upon us, with
    asteroids and global warming, destroying most of the earth at which point investing in shoe leather and rickshaws would be a better buy ! I wonder what ever happened to Rodney King, anyone know ? I'm willing to get along so long as everyone respects each other's opinions. Isn't that the basis of this forum ? Tough part is trying to disassociate emotions when discussing tough, nitty gritty issues. That is why the old cliche' still rings true to stay away from arguing about things such as politics, religion and money. Like my grandma used to say
    "if you kids don't stop that crap right now someone's gonna lose an eye". As for me, I can see clearly now. I'll stick to Broncos posts. :):D[8D][:0]

p.s. Al Frush; You are one heck of an articulate fellow, Masters Degree heh ? Right on dude. I remember how intelligent you were in High School but some peolple saw the long hair and Rolling Stones T-Shirt and thought you were a hippie having fun in the Dark Room. I always knew you would make a good life for yourself. It sounds like you have a pretty good scope on life's issues. Keep On Truckin !

Wayne,What kind of business are you going into [?]

My background and why I don't pick on oils: when I started out in life I didn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of.

My college education was funded in total by an oil company with in turn brought me prosperity and experience that I can never repay. I am what I am today in a good part due to what an oil company did to help me make something of myself. I, in turn, do what I can do to provide others with that opportunity by giving, not asking.

I don't take that lightly.

Pete: you animal; I owe you a couple good dark ales and I should kick your a$$ for sticking up for me.

Zonie63: I like your style. You should join us for some dark ales and bickering. Keep the humor!

DB,
    That is good to hear. At least we now are aware of what the oil companies are doing to help others like yourself. I am glad you are successful now.
    There must be others like yourself that have been helped by the oil companies. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Thank you, cshreves! I appreciate your wisdom and understanding why I too am passionate about this topic. I would probably be in a gutter somewhere without having an a sponsor that took an interest in my future and faith in my potential like that oil company did.

I have nothing to complain about in life. I've had a great life and would be thankful for everything, regardless. So many have had much rougher times to deal with and I am compassionate with them.

I spent several years in 3rd world countries and am sick of the social complantency that exists in the USA. It truly saddens me to think that we are so hung up on what it does to our pockets instead of the hardships of so many others that can't even come close to our living standards even at what we consider poverty levels.

You lived through the depression so I believe you know what I mean. I just wish that there was a way to convey that extreme desperation to later generations. They may think they are there now but have no idea as to what that experience was really like.

Wayne,
    I just read about Rodney King. If you type in www.Google.com & then in the search line type in Rodney King. It will bring you into many websites that tell you about Rodney King. He was acquitted April,1992.

cshreves, I operate a Risk Management business. For most of my career I worked in legal positions having graduated from Denver University with a juris doctor degree. But, after I saw what happened to many young lawyers who slaved to make partner for 7 to 8 years, with little to no quality of life at home, I decided to use my degree to work in areas dealing with corporate liability working for companies like American Express, First Data Corporation, Western Union, MCI and then various law firms etc. Thank you for your kind words of support. As for "picking on oil companies", I never thought one way or the other about them until recently, brought on by the price gouging going on now. I don't "blame the oil companies for everything"; just for the thing they are doing now - hurting working class Americans. However, now that I know oil companies have done some good for guys like Sandman and Double Barrel, it appears oil companies do some good for some folks, especially those who have made a good honest living working for them. Right on ! My only hope now is to give the working class a break already. This is kind of strange for me to say given the fact that I have been a corporate manager for most of my career, but that's what I believe in and that's how I feel about the subject. Mr. Double Barrel, your comment to Pete about sticking up for you seems at odds with your previous statement. Maybe you still feel like this is a joke since you appreciated Zonie63's post so much. Why don't we just drop it and get past this polite yet subliminal ambivilence !