Camping Cabins
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

[}:)] No, No, Sandman makes at least one valid point. I agree we spend money on Third World countries but the corrupt politicians and crooks over there steal the money and it doesn't get to the people who need it. But, whos fault is that ? Certainly not "bleeding heart Liberals". Yes, I have made very good money after college but it's not up to me to pay for anyone elses' way - isn't that your position too, Sandman ? I think what everyone else is saying, EXCEPT YOU, is that as Americans we should have some level of compassion and empathy for people who truly need assistance. But, I agree about not giving freebies to freeloaders. But, because many of us complain about being screwed by BIG OIL companies that doesn't make us lip service providers or bleeding heart liberals. So, if you will just admit that it's our God Given Right to express an opinion (whine) about the ills of our society, then you're an alright guy. On the other hand, if you insist on lumping anyone and everyone into a category or group opposed to your presumably Republican views, then Missing is absolutely correct !
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:35 PM.

So Sandman...buy your gas in Trinidad...thanks...we could use volunteers at a couple of places. Maybe if you worked at the soup kitchen for a week and heard why honest folks are on the street your heart will think for you a little instead of your pocketbook. The topic is gas prices...they must be ok with you. Good you are in a minority. You won't have your money long if you don't care who takes it in the name of their shareholders. I hope that if you ever have a run of bad luck that you are fortunate enough still to find someone with a sharing attitude. So why is Gas high in Trinidad?

Sandman,

These tax dollars you mention unfortunately end up going to crooks but some does trickle down and does make a difference. That Hollywood crowd you mention does some of the most good here and overseas. How about Oprah Winfrey and her private Foundation the Oprah Winfrey Foundation that has spend millions of dollars to support the education and empowerment of women, children and families around the world. How about Bono and one of his many causes to end World hunger. How about the millions of dollars given to Katrina victims by the likes of Celine Dion, Larry Kind and many more of the Hollywood crowd. Our system of government is far from perfect but at least we don't have cities of people living in card board boxes or little children with hunger blisters and beloated bellies starving from hunger.

I have dirt ass poor, and have never asked anyone to help me. That doesn't mean that I could not have. Things happen to people, beyond their control. So does that mean kick them down, you are nothing? these things happen to good God fearing people too! There are women out there whose husbands leave them with children to feed, and cloth what would you suggest? Let them starve, they don't matter? This same crap thinking are the ones that talk this crap, that don;t even go after those same men. This is a great country, everyone should have a chance every child should be able to go to school if they so chose. Everyone should be able to seek medical help, without paying up the yin-yang for it. I pay taxes too. I work hard! I don't mind helping people less fortunate than I. Do you know why? I have been there, done that, and truly believe in this country.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.

Amen Missing.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.

[}:)] Steve; didn't you start this out by referring to a factual media report of Oil Company profits ? There was no "bleeding heart liberal" or Democrat opinions therein, was there ? Okay then . . .
    Sandman, I don't think being "blunt" is a problem. I have been blunt expressing my opinion. It's that you are just plain wrong !
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Ok gang we solved that one now "How about them Broncos!"

We did solve that one! I don't care about football, or Georgie and his croonies either!

[:0] Hey wait, does that mean we are done SPANKING poor ol Sandman ? I guess we're done totally demolishing your opinions Sandman. Good luck on other topics ! ;)

Sandman,

For what is worth, your comment about having yet to see any country spend its self into prosperity. I agree this is an antiquated economic theory unfortunately that some politicians still seem to believe and want to pratice today. I respect your opinion you bring up some very good points. I respectfully agree to disagree.