Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velasquez Information needed - This is my Uncle

Velasquez Information needed - This is my Uncle

Looking for any information on Juan A. Velasquez. Found him in Las Animas - 1920 Census, not in 1930 Census. In 1920 he was 42. He was catholic. Thanks for your help.
    Names shown in 1920 Census as family of Juan A. Velasquez
    Name 1920 Census Age
    Juan A. Velasquez Age 42
    Siminota Velasquez Age 38
    Desiderio Velasquez Age 23
    Cristoval Velasquez Age 21
    Porfirio Velasquez Age 17
    Pablo Velasquez Age 14
    Jose Velasquez Age 11
    Maria J. Velasquez Age 8
    Felipe Velasquez Age 7
    Maria E. Velasquez Age 4
    Repito Velasquez Age 1
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-28-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Shirley Velasquez-Frazier

In today's Chronicle Newspaper, dated September 29, 2006, there is an obituary for a Federica Velasquez. She was born in Weston, Co. on Sept. 9, 1910 to Augustine (Tafoya) and Jesus Espinosa. Preceding her in death are parents, husband Christoval Velasquez, three infant children, sons Gilbert Velasquez, and Ben Velasquez, Sr. Services will be held on Friday, Sept. 29, 2006.

This might be a link to your search.

If you wait a couple of days, it will appear in the "obituary section" of the forum. It also has a photo.

The family may be contacted at 902 Ash St. as stated in the paper.

Alice
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-28-2010 at 05:16 PM.

Being as only one of our local funeral homes has chosen to post obituaries on this forum, I will post Mrs. Federica Velasquez's entire obituary.

Friday, September 29, 2006
    FEDERICA, VELASQUEZ

Federica Velasquez, age 96, passed away at the Trinidad State Nursing Home on September 26, 2006. She was born in Weston, Co. on September 9, 1910 to Augustina (Tafoya) and Jesus Espinosa.

She was a devoted mother and grand-mother who loved caring for her family. She was instrumental in caring for and "raising" her grandchildren, whom all loved her very much. She liked to cook, especially during the Lenten season. Federica enjoyed dancing, singing and will best be remembered for her sense of humor.

Preceding her in death are parents, husband Christobal Velasquez, three infant children, sons Gilbert Velasquez, and Ben Velasquez, Sr.

Survivors are children, Mary Valdez, Pueblo, Linda Garcia, Denver, Leroy (Norma) Velasquez, Denver, Bea (Carl) Martinez, Trinidad, Caroline Santistevan, Trinidad, Veronica Lucero, Trinidad, Chris (Linda) Velasquez, Trinidad, Pat Dominquez, Trinidad, daughter-in-law, Rosalie Velasquez, Denver, Maxine Perez, Pueblo, two hundred and seventeen grandchildren, numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.

Visitation will be Thursday from 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at Comi Funeral Home Chapel.

Funeral services will be Friday, September 29, 2006 with recitation of the Most Holy Rosary at 12:15 P.M. at the Comi Funeral Home Chapel, followed by the Funeral Mass at 1:00 P.M. at Holy Trinity Church. Interment will follow at the Trinidad Catholic Cemetery.

Honorary pallbearers will be her grandchildren.

Active pallbearere are Michael Valdez, Paul Garcia, Larry Velasquez, Marty Martinez, Tony Santistevan, Jerry Lucero, Casey Velasquez, Ben Velasquez Jr. and Brian Velasquez.

The family may be contacted at 902 Ash St.

Arrangements made under the direction of the Comi Funeral Home.

Alice, thanks for posting the obituary on Federica Espinosa Velasquez and my condolences to the family. I hope Shirley will be able to make contact with the many family members.
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Their Marriage:
    Cristobal Velasquez son of Juan Andrés Velasquez & Simona Holguin married 2/28/1928 Holy Trinity Church, Federica Espinosa daughter of Jesus Espinosa & Agustina Tafoya baptized 9/15/1909. Padrinos: Porfirio Velasquez (Cristobal's brother) and Veneranda Chavez.

Dear Alice, Dodie and Pat,
    I have been on vacation and just got back and read the information on Federica Velasquez's obit. Condolences to my Velasquez family. Please know that our love and prayers are with you.
    Thank you all so much for this information. It is so overwhelming to learn that we now we have relatives that my family and I can contact. I am so excited and right now I am crying because of my family loss and also because,I am so happy to hear that some of our relatives can be contacted. God Bless You Alice, you are a treasure and I thank you for this information. Thanks goes to Pat my beautiful cousin for her information too. God Bless you all. I would love to hear from my Velasquez Relatives. I would love to see the picture also if that is possible. I am planning a trip to Colorado next year and would love to meet my relatives at that time. I am e-mailing all my information to Dodie for her to relate it to Alice so that I can contact the family.
    Thanks so much for all your help. You are all a treasure to me.

Hey Shirley, Dodie and I were wondering where you were. Hope you had a great time on "VACATION". Where did you go this time?????
    I am so glad that Alice found more cousins for you. This internet thing has brought us all together and it's wonderful, Dodie in Southern California, Shirley in Florida and myself in Denver. And of course all those who help from our main connection "TRINIDAD".
    God Bless All.
    Pat

Hi Pat, Went to Nashville to see friends and the Opry show, then went to Pidgen Forge to Dollywood then to Atlanta to see Billy's cousin and then back home to Florida. Took Brother Vic wife Willa Beth from Alamosa, Colorado who are visiting with us. Had a great time. My Sister Becky and Woody are visiting here with us too. They are from Buena Vista, Colorado. We are having a great time. What you all been up to lately?

When did Vic move to Alamosa? When I was about 11 or 12 he came to see my Dad Dono and Mom Julia. He had a little blue sports car and he offered to let me drive it. I was so cheesed that he thought I was older. ;)

Victor and Willa Beth have a farm in Alamosa and a house in Denver. They go back and forth a lot but mostly live in Alamosa. He has been there since 1999. He loves the farm. He had a stroke about 3 years ago and it has left him with Peripheral eyesight. Other than that he is doing great. I asked him last night about the little blue sports car and he said he was going to let you drive it. He is a mess. How is Aunt Julia doing?