Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Posts

1000 Posts

This will be post number 1000 for me. Not a lot in some forums but in our little Trinidad forum I think it is a bit of a landmark. What a joy it has been. Surfing for places to advertise the business when I first came home I found the VERY new TrinidadCO site and forum. I listed my business and made some fast and sturdy pals in Dodie, Weston, DoubleBarrel, PAMM, Scoutmaster and MANY others early. I talked occassionally to Charlie Barks who I can never thank enough for having this here. I realized what a fantastic resource was here. Folks were getting their genealogy done by pros for free. We were finding lost friends and loved ones. We were sharing about the one thing that each of us has in common...TrinAdad (forever spelled that way due to a Comical News post). The Forum stayed dear to me and it inspired me to realize how much I love this place and the folks in and from it. Not just because I am from here and my Italian roots go back many generations in and around TrinAdad but because the people from here are so unique. It might be good or it might be bad but unique they are. I took quite ill with a kidney stone and the site became my saving grace. I sat with a laptop in the hospital having hacked their wireless connection with a really lame password...nurse1...anyway...and I found even more friends and for the first time realized how many folks the forum had helped in so many unnamed and unwritten ways. I started getting personal emails from many of you who don't post regularly to wish me well or to share their stories and it dawned on me that the few of us that actively posted back then were not the only ones in there! Then after some time the forum spread...we made news headlines with a post about skateboarders and we hopefully shed some light on the fact skateboarders are just kids on wheels like any other kids. We have hurt some feelings and that is sad but endeavor to only bring happiness and joy in posting here. The Frush family came and along with them my lifelong MOJO brother Wayne. I am working on some of the rest of the MOJO family...some of the MOJO SISTERS would be nice to have on here so be watching for them. In the future I hope that we can inspire you to post just one thought or memory to spark something in the rest of us or maybe some of the bolder more secure posters could post their likeness. I am proud to be associated with each and every one of you and hope that you bring at least one other person to the forum to keep us fresh. As I am quite ill again and battling for existence I again turn to the forum for solace and here is everyone waiting to go. Thanks for putting up with my butting in and my banter. Ciao, Petey [8D]
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    www.Usmorlans.com the place for all things computer

Congrats Pete,
    Thanks for all your posts and replies.

If I were there I would buy you a Bon Carbo Stout. :D

In 1987 I had throat cancer and had many people praying for my recovery. It worked. Just as I know all those praying for you now will have the same results. A little MOJO always helps though. :)
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Well Pete, "Congratulations" on your 1000 post. I must say it is a very good one. Am proud to be your pal.

Congrats from me too. THank you for thinking us Frush's bring something to this forum, I'm not sure what. I check this forum the minute I get home from work. Love the banter, have found new friends and old. Thanks to all. And please [8D]get well!

Peace in the Valley to all.

Thanks! I am like missing. Can't sleep if I don't check the forum!:D
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 01:01 PM.

I am really addicted to this forum.:). I check the forum before I check my email:).
    Pete you have really helped keeping this forum going by sharing all your knowledge. Take care & wishing you all the best. Get well soon.
    Char

Congratulations. I am like cshreves, I am addicted to this forum and enjoy reading it. When I was down for the last two weeks, I was ging through withdrawls and wondering what everyone was talking about. threelazly

Pete,

gosh I don't know if this means you just talk or type a lot or what.....but I am sure glad that you are here on the forum keeping all of us in line.....! I hesitated to ever put up a forum because I know how hard it is to monitor and I want to thank you and Dodie for your unselfish assistance. Although my family is from places beyond I know when I was researching their history how important these things are and I am so glad that people have been able to use this forum to their benefit.

When we took over the page I strived to keep the Obits from the area and only Tom Murphy of Mullare-Murphy Funeral Home would supply them. Seems that Comi said that her clients didn't want them posted on the forum. I don't know that every one felt that way but all I can say is that I feel that it is worth the time to post them for families and worth the time to tweak the photos that they supply to share them also. To me these things are important. As a side note to Pete it seems that the average age of passing is much higher than your age so hang in there with us. The clean air and peaceful atmosphere must be good for a long life and I hope it is the same for us all.

So Pete keep posting and keep marking those milestones and we will keep enjoying! Best Regards,

Charlie

I find the Obituary Forum very important for many. Many thanks Tom Murphy for supplying the obits to trinidadco.

Pete - Charlie said it "keep posting and keep marking those milestones and we will keep enjoying!"

Dodie
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 01:00 PM.