This is the only picture I have of my great grandfather, Apolonio Vigil (sitting 2nd from the right in the front row.)
Apolonio was a sheriff, I don‚€™t know of which town. Does anyone know any information about this picture or of any person in it? It seems to be some kind of law enforcement event.
I am trying to find any information on him. The following is all that I have at this time:
Apolonio was born Feb. 1860 in New Mexico to Serefin Vigil (who died 27 Mar.1912 in Las Tijeras, Las Animas, CO at about age 95 yrs.) and Maria Benigna Armenta.
Serefin and Benigna had the following children:
1.Maria Francisca Vigil-born abt. 1853, Rio Arriba, New Mexico
2.Jose Manuel Vigil-born 1854, New Mexico,-married in 1858 to Josefa Grine.
3.Jose Cresencio Vigil-born 29 Dec. 1856, New Mexico-married 1882 to Maria Fernanda Medina.
4.Cleofas Vigil-born 1858, New Mex.-married to Francisco Garcia 1 Apr 1888.
5.Apolonio Vigil-born 1860, New Mex.-married 2 Jan. 1881 to Maria Pazita Montoya.
6.Eutimio Vigil-born 1861, New Mex.-married 14 Oct.1893 to Leonarda Trujillo ( in Segundo, Las Animas, CO)
7.Eufricio Vigil-born 1869, New Mexico.
Apolonio and his first wife Pazita Montoya (born Dec. 1865 in New Mex., death 1905 Segundo,CO) had nine children:
1. Jose Crescencio Vigil-born 23 Oct. 1881, in Trinidad, died as child.
2. Maria Raquel Vigil-born 15 Feb 1884 in Trinidad, died as child.
3. Theodosia Vigil- born 9 July 1886 in Las Tijeras, Las Animas, CO, died 3 Dec. 1960 Denver-married Lazaro G. Martinez, Feb 1903.
4. Abelino Vigil-born 18 May 1891, Las Tijeras, CO-died 3 June 1900.
5. Jose Alejandro Vigil-born 11 Sept 1893 in Las Tijeras- died 1 June 1900.
6. Raquel Vigil-born 28 Mar. 1896 in Las Tijeras-died 30 May 1900.
7. Maria Miclovia Vigil- born 1900 in Las Tijeras.
8. Adella Vigil (my Grandmother) was born 28 Apr. 1903 in Segundo- died 14 Jan 1998 in Salt Lake City, UT-married Baldazar Trujillo 22 Jul 1922 in Segundo, CO.
9. Mary Maxmenia Vigil- born 31 May 1905 in Segundo, Las Animas, CO-died 7 Apr. 1997, Denver, CO -married 1920 to Joseph Lacrue.
Apolonio had a second wife named Juanita.
Any information on any of these lines would be appreciated; especially on my great grand father Apolonio.