Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices in trinidad

Gas prices in trinidad

One entity owns all the gas stations in Trinidad. They're up to $4.09 for regular as of tonight.

There is NO WAY that gas prices have gone UP to the stations as much, and as quickly, as they have raised their prices.

I've been told that there's a Gas Mart on East Main Street close to the hospital. I'll be looking for it and filling up there.

I just registered a formal complaint with the FTC and urge everyone else to do the same.

http://gaswatch.energy.gov/ is the webpage.
    Last edited by Usmorlans.com; 02-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Ms Butterfield

"Quit your whining and take responsibility."

From your lips to our ears

I'm not sure I understand your post. I am not responsible for the increase in gas prices.

I do feel that unjustices should be taken note of. And I feel this situation is just that: very unjust. I have no problem with someone trying to make a decent living; that is the goal of most. I do feel that this situation with oil prices is being used to take advantage of people who have no other choice.

I did want to voice my opinion.

I do know that some day whoever is responsible will bend their knee before our maker and have to explain their reasons.

Sandman took the quotation from your profile. Thank you for the link in reporting the gas gougers.

Yes, I do believe that people shouldn't be sitting around waiting for handouts but should be actively involved in taking care of themselves. However, this is a very different situation in that there is a monopoly of supply being controlled by one.

I understand that prices will rise when the FUTURES prices to suppliers are raised. But the FUTURES prices for barrels has not yet been seen by the supplier in Trinidad, and thus, the prices at the pumps HERE should not yet have risen that much.

Thank you for your post Dodie.

Thanks Schilling! I paid 40 cents less on wed. in Pueblo than it was here in Trinidad the same day! I support and appreciate that the Duran family kept a gas supplier here in town and that they have so many stores open and employ so many...but if a couple of those stores close or a couple of those folks lose their jobs so that the gas prices are more equitable HERE IN TRINIDAD then so be it. I am willing to pay a little more for my gas here but not 40 cents a gallon more than it was 87 miles away. The problem is that reporting is great but the law is in favor of the Duran Oil company and its pricing practices. The law is pretty clear that you may charge whatever is swallowed by your market. Stations are measured in a 25 mile radius. If the stations in your 25 mile radius are all within a certain percentage then ANY price is ok....what a joke that law is. Thanks for the post.

Also Please Report all Trinidad gas stations prices to www.gasbuddy.com this would discourage the purchase of gas in Trinidad or help the find the station with the lower price. Always when I traveling to and from Trinidad It try to buy enough fuel elsewhere not to purchase in gas in Trinidad.

It’s bad for Trinidad economics and also has deterred a certain small very clean manufactures that was considered locating to Trinidad that would have employed
    25 to 50 employees. The new motels are nice but the extra cost for gas in the area
    limit the time and money spent by tourist in the area.

I thought I would add that Safeway will be opening a station at the end of summer. I think end of summer at the end of August is the projected completion date. During several City of Trinidad City Council meetings the Safeway reps. have repeated that they "intend to make prices lower here and more in line with the rest of the state." They can't open soon enough and I hope they are true to their words. I know that from time to time some of the folks out at Duran oil read this here Forum...I sure would like to hear their explanation...to be fair...you know me.[8D]

Took a swing by the Gas Mart on Main. They're at $4.05 a gallon, which isn't much of a savings.

I'm very familiar with Gas Buddy, and have posted prices on there a few weeks ago.

Will go to Walsenburg this weekend and let you know what the prices are there. When it was $3.89 a gallon in Trinidad, it was $3.59 in Walsenburg. This was last weekend.

Best price in W-burg yesterday was $3.66. I, also want to support Duran's, but will drive further to buy gas if I'm going that way.:)