Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices in trinidad

Safeway launches new gas saving program
    July 01, 2008 07:03 AM

KUSA – Safeway is changing its gas rewards program. Tuesday, it will launch "Power Pump Rewards" that allows consumers to earn 10-cents off a gallon when a shopping trip adds up to $100.

In addition, they can save another 10-cents per gallon for every additional $100 spent. Bottom line, the rewards add up and could mean free gas.

Additional details about Power Pump will be released Tuesday morning and certain restrictions apply, but the major differences from Safeway's old program appear to be in the fact that the rewards are cumulative, they can be earned when selected gift cards are purchased and certain prescription purchases will also apply.

With the price of gas up more than 30 percent in the past year and now above $4 a gallon nationally, businesses are turning to gas card promotions like this to get consumers' attention and increase sales.

Business owners say free gas isn't necessarily the deciding factor for a purchase, but many are finding it motivates people to stop and take a look.

I can't wait until the Safeway station opens! I hope it is going to give us some relief! Anyway, wanted to let you guys know about how I free Wal-Mart gift cards for gas. I go to a place called www.mypoints.com and sign up, then they send you e-mail links. You get points for taking surveys and clicking on e-mail links. Don't worry, you don't get spammed, I promise. I have been doing this for over a year, so if you don't mind clicking on links and taking surveys, it's worth it! I just got a $25 Wal-Mart gift card in the mail the other day and of course, I used it for gas. My daughter is clicking on links to save up some points to buy a Kohls Gift Card for her school clothes. This really is one of the only programs I have found that is for REAL. Anyway, you can go to www.mypoints.com and sign up or if you are referred by a member, like me, you get 250 points to start off with, so if you want me to refer any of you, just send me your name and e-mail address and I will be happy to. Good luck and I hope someone is able to take advantage of this!

On Sunday,July 13,2008 I was amazed at how rapid the gas prices can change in Trinidad. I put $25.00 of gas at our regular fueling place and my husband asked how come I had put in so little(less than 1/2 tank) when we were going on a fishing trip to Monument Lake. When I fueled up at about 10am ,it was $4.25 and within an hour when he went to pick up our grandaughter on that side of town the gas was $4.35.
    How can our townspeople survive on this kind of ripoff. I have family who are on limited income with trips to Colorado Springs and Albuquerque for medical reasons almost bi-weekly. How can they afford to eat,pay for gas and maybe they might have to stay overnight?
    I think that if Trinidad wants tourism to survive and bring business to this community they should be looking for the reasoning behind the gas hikes. .

It has appeared to me that the gasoline stations in Trinidad were selling $0.15 to $0.20 above what the market could be for the past few years. Now it appears that they are $0.30+ per gal above where they could be. They do this because they can. They can not see a downside to as much profit as they can get. This appears to OK in the federal and state guide lines. I really hope that the local stations operators are receiving some of this windfall; we have 2 suppliers to Trinidad that I aware of and I hope they are not the only ones that are enjoying this advantage.

It cost about $.40 to $.60 per mile to operate a car so a 40 mile
    trip to save a few cents per gal does not work; the suppliers count
    on this.

Do not buy gas in Trinidad. :(

I tell everyone I know when they are coming this way to fill up in Raton or wait until Walsenburg.

Only buy a few gallons if it is an emergency in Trinidad and drive on to Walsenburg.

Duran family are ripping us off.

Gas futures have dropped for the THIRD STRAIGHT DAY now. I wonder why Duran's gas prices haven't dropped as well, to reflect the new prices? After all, they're the FIRST to RAISE prices when futures go UP. I believe they like 10 cent increments. So I would calculate that their gas should be down to $4.09 a gallon by today.

I'm saving over $140 a month in gas costs by driving to Walsenburg to fuel my 2 vehicles. Walsenburg was $3.90 a gallon compared to Duran's $4.39. That's a 49 cent difference! That's $8.82 x two, that I save on both vehicles every 4 days.

Thing is, I also do my SHOPPING in Walsenburg now instead of Trinidad, so Walsenburg is getting my sales tax dollars now too.

Duran couldn't care less; their God is the Almightly Buck. I feel sorry for them.

Most people have an auto operating cost of about .40 cents to .60 cents per mile.

Taking into consideration insurance, license, repairs and maintenance, replacement cost and local property tax if any.

Walsenburg is about 38 miles from Trinidad, so a round trip would be 76 miles, at a cost of about $38.00 per auto per trip.

Crude Oil fell lower to $128 a barrel today. Time for another 10 cent gas cut Duran.

Yeah, right.

Let's see what he does!!!!! I also doubt he will be cutting any gas prices, but let's see if he surprises us! Don't forget everyone, visit www.coloradogasprices.com as often as you can, it doesn't take long. Thanks! :)

We are going to be in Trinidad in a few weeks for our 50th class reunion. Does Duran have the monopoly on service stations in town?