Adobe Gold Properties
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guadalupita Indian Reservation

Frank, you are welcome. I hope you find all the answers to your family questions. As you can see with the above info that your family did indeed come through Guadalupita Mora County NM.

~Pat~

Pat,
    Thank you so much for your help, the lady we were looking at mainly was my Great-grandma Juanita and her husband's family (Jose Lino Trujillo.) Also I was wondering if you would like to see some of the pictures I have of my Great-great Grandpa and his 2nd wife Barbara. I also have a picture of my Great-grandma Juanita and my Grandma Lupe (Mary) and her two sisters. Just reply back to my email at [email protected]. I really do appreciate your help.

Frank Montoya and Family

Oh Frank I would love to see the pictures. I'll send you an email tonight.

~Pat~

i have lots of information on them also. mariano and barbara maldonado are my 4 or 5 greatgrand parents. i have photos and lots of information on the ledoux family tree. it is interesting to connect distant cousins.
    i can be emailed at cjmartinez1 @ gmail dot com
    hope to hear back from someone
    cj

Re: Guadalupita Indian Reservation

Hi my name is Juanita (Perez) Hernandez, my mother was Margaret Gallegos, her mother Barbarita (Maldonado) Gallegos, her parents were Leonardo and Ramoncita (Martinez) Maldonado, his parents were Mariano and Maria Barbara Antonia (Pacheco) Maldonado, and his parents Antonio and Maria (Barela) Maldonado...I have just recently become really interested in the family tree. My brother has done research and just recently found a great article on the Ledoux family WOW...would love to see pictures if you have
    Juanita

Quote Originally Posted by flmonto View Post
    Pat,
    My great-great grandfather's name is Mariano Maldonado. I believe he was from Trinidad and when my great-great grandmother died he went to the reservation (colony) and (as the story goes) he took some cattle, horses and goats and got himself a young bride. I do not, at this time, know her last name but her first name is Barbarita. Pat, if you or anyone else can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Frank Montoya
    (This is on my Mom's - Mom's side of the family. My Grandma is Guadalupe (Lupe) Trujillo from Delta. She was 91 when she went home two years ago.
    Frank,

My great-great grandfather also is Mariano Maldonado. I am descended from his young bride Maria Barbara Antonia Pacheco. Maria Barbara Antonia was the daughter of Juan Andres Pacheco and Maria Tiburcia Ledoux. I am descended from Mariano through his son Leonardo Maldonado. I also discovered that Maldonado wasn't our real last name. It was Montano, Juan Antonio Montano de Sotomayor was born in Mexico City in 1651 and moved to New Mexico in 1677 listed as a convict with pimply fair skin. His son Manuel took the last name Maldonado while the others remained Montano. Sotomayor's grandson Jose Montano Maldonado (1732) used both last names and his son Dionisio (1766) too. Antonio Jose Maldonado (1786/89) dropped Montano from his name and it remained Maldonado when Mariano was born in 1801. Antonio Jose Maldonado was a Spanish soldier stationed at Belen, New Mexico. I could not find any more information on Sotomayor or the name of his father.

Mark Perez

Quote Originally Posted by cjmartinez View Post
    i have lots of information on them also. mariano and barbara maldonado are my 4 or 5 greatgrand parents. i have photos and lots of information on the ledoux family tree. it is interesting to connect distant cousins.
    i can be emailed at cjmartinez1 @ gmail dot com
    hope to hear back from someone
    cj
    Hello,

Mariano is my great-great-grandfather!

[email protected]

Mark Perez

[QUOTE=PAMM;38429][b]Alice and Robert, just in case it's one and the same: The Guadalupita Colony of Trinidad Colorado was founded by many of the pioneer settlers of Mora County NM. One of the surrounding places in Mora County is Guadalupita NM. Luis Baca son of Felipe Baca wrote a manuscript describing that 12 heads of families from the Mora area, on the patron saint day of Our Lady of Guadalupe (early 1862) that they set out with their leader Don Felipe Baca to the Territory of Colorado known as "El Rio de Las Animas", (Trinidad area). This group has come to be known as "the Guadalupita Colony" named after their patron saint and the church of their village they left behind. Some of the names of the families are: Marcus Tafoya, Antonio Duran, Ramon Vigil, Agapito Duran, M. Apodaca, Jacobo Cordova and of course Felipe Baca.
    Source: Luis Baca's manuscript, "Guadalupita Colony of Trinidad" (published Jan. 1944)

Frank if you could let us know the names of the people in question one of us just might find her/him.

PAMM Can you tell me where you found the Luis Baca manuscript, Guadalupita Colony of Trinidad, published in 1944.
    Is it available somewhere, that I might go a view or get a copy?