Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Joseph & Sara or (Sarah) Sayed---Bakery

Joseph & Sara or (Sarah) Sayed---Bakery

Good Day,
    I am looking for information about my wife's Grandparents. Joseph & Sara (or Sarah)Sayed. They owned & operated a bakery in Trinidad.
    I have Joseph from the 1920 & 1930 U.S. Census, and Sara (L. Ferri) in the 1920 U.S. Census. Any additional information or media would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Bryan H.
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-27-2010 at 04:30 PM.

For starters, the following posts were made by relatives of the Sayed family:

cshreve
    1 Posts
    Posted - 08/15/2007 : 5:09:16 PM
    Hello, My family is from Trinidad. My parents owned a bakery in Trinidad and all my brothers and sisters were born and raised there.

I was so excited to see about the renovation of Mt.Carmel Catholic Church. My twin sister and I were baptized at Mt.Carmel and both of our parents funerals were there. I am wondering if anyone might know where the items that were in the church might be. In particular, I would like to know what happened to the Stations of the Cross. My dads name was on the 12th station, Joe N. Sayed. Also, I remember my Aunt Zella talking about "The Festival" when we would visit on Memorial Day weekend. She was already getting ready for the July event. Good Ole Days.....Cheryl Sayed Shreve
    Source: http://www.trinidadco.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3762

jzehna
    3 Posts
    Posted - 01/20/2004 : 7:16:11 PM
    In the l950s, my mother had a Station of the Cross at Mount Carmel Church dedicated to the rememberance of my dad, Joe Sayed. It is my understanding that the church has since been closed. If anyone has information on whether the church will remain and be torn down ( what a tragic thought) I would certainly appreciate knowing. I would want to recover this station if at all possible, should the church be scheduled for such action.

Thank you so much, Joyce Sayed-Zehna
    Source: http://www.trinidadco.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=495

You can contact me directly and I can put you in touch with the Sayed family members whom I know personally: Joyce and the twins (Cheryl and Sharon) and their families. Joyce was married to one of my first ousins, Byron "Buddy" Zehna.

Having been born and raised in Trinidad, I well remember the Sayed Bakery on the old Country Club Drive.

Gloria Cordova