Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Looking for info on Abel Brayshaw's Family

Looking for info on Abel Brayshaw's Family

My husband and I are looking for any information on Abel Brayshaw. He lived in Trinidad for what I know all his life. I am trying to find information on his father and mother. If my information is correct there names were Ed W. Brayshaw and Irene Brayshaw. Abel Brayshaw is my mothers grandfather. We have go as far as there names and that they lived in Las Animas County in the 1900's and on. Any information on them would be a great help

Virginia
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-27-2010 at 03:24 PM.

The following information from LDS IGI Individual Record:

Abel Brayshaw born 3 NOV 1902; Las Animas, Colorado; death 16 JUN 1989; Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado. Married 20 JUL 1935; Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado; to Damiana Vigil born 10 NOV 1901; Colorado; bpt. 23 DEC 1901; of Trujillos, Las Aninmas, Colorado; died OCT 1984.

Son of Edward W. Brayshaw and Erenea Romero.

CHRONICLE NEWS-JUNE 18, 1989
    ABEL BRAYSHAW
    Abel Brayshaw, 86, of Trinidad died Friday, June 16, 1989 at St. Francis Hospital in Colorado Springs.

He was born November 3, 1902 in Gulnare, Colorado. Mr. Brayshaw worked in various mines and for 20 years was employed by Montgomery Wards.

Abel was preceded in death by his wife, Damiana Brayshaw in 1984; daughters, Irene Bachicha in 1977 and Frances Griego in 1986.

His survivors include his sons, Larry (Elaine) Brayshaw, Monrovia, CA., Fred (Dolores) Brayshaw, Denver, Arthur Brayshaw, San Francisco, CA., David (Debbie) Brayshaw, Trinidad; daughters, Rossann Morrow, Los Angeles, CA, Stell Vincent, Midwest City, OK, Carmen (Nick) Trujillo, Trinidad; 26 grandchildren; 9 great-great-grandchildren.

Visitation for Mr. Brayshaw will be Monday from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. at Mullare-Murphy Funeral Home.

A rosary service will be recited Monday, June 19, 1989 at 7 p.m. at Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 20, 1989 at Holy Trinity with Father Joseph Fisher S.J. as celebrant. Burial will follow at the Trinidad Catholic Cemetery.

Pallbearers for Mr. Brayshaw will be: Paul Maes, Lawrence Gonzales, Richard Aguilers, Joe Barros, Leonard Barros, Rudy Gonzales.

Arrangements are under the direction of Mullare-Murphy Funeral Home.

Alice

Patentee: Edward Brayshaw
    Issue Date: 8/16/1904
    State: Colorado
    County: Las Animas
    Acres: 160
    Document Nr.: 8796
    Accession/Serial Nr.: COCOAA 075667
    BLM Serial Nr.: COCOAA 075667

Source: Bureau of Land Management - http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/Patent...QryId=61943.67

Thank you very much for the information that you were able to send to me. I hope that I can grow on what I have to see where my gggrandfather came from.

CHRONICLE NEWS-OCT. 31, 1984
    DAMINAN BRAYSHAW
    Daminan Brayshaw died on October 29, 1984 at the age of 82. She was born to Telesforo and Frances (Sandoval) Vigil at Trujillo Creek, on November 10, 1901.

Survivors include her sons, Larry (Elaine)Brayshaw of Monrovia, Calif., Fred (Dolores)Brayshaw of Denver, Arthur Brayshaw of San Francisco, Calif., David (Debbie)Brayshaw of Trinidad, daughters, Frances Griego of Trinidad, Rose Brayshaw of Calif., Stella Vincent of Midwest City, Okla., Carmen (Nick)Trujillo of Trinidad; 25 grandchildren, 35 great-grand-children, and 3 great-great grand-children.

Rosary at Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Interment in the Trinidad Catholic Cemetery. She will lay in state at the Valdez Mortuary.

Pallbearers will be Frank Bergamo, Sr., Anthony Brayshaw, Leonard Barrow, Ron Barros, Dennis McAtee, and Frank Bergamo.

Alice