Camping Cabins

Thread: Josephine Cordova *Updated 10/13/09

Josephine Cordova *Updated 10/13/09

Josephine Cordova, 89, our beloved Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother, Sister and devoted friend began her eternal journey with God on October 10, 2009, at St. Mary Corwin Hospital after a brief illness. She was born on May 12, 1920, in Sunflower Valley, Colorado, to the union of Esquipula Trujillo and Josephine Cordova Trujillo. The eldest of eight children, she was united in marriage to John Cordova on February 24, 1936, and they were married for 58 years. She was preceded in death by her beloved husband John and her son Emilio; brothers Max, Skip, Dan and John D. Trujillo; sister Tillie Ortega, sons-in-law Larry Gonzales and Andy Lucero; three grandchildren and one great, great grandson.

She is survived by her children Betty (Al) Sanchez, Jim (Donna) Cordova from Trinidad; Rosemarie (Alex) Lucero, Agnes (John) Gomez, John Albert (Betty) Cordova, Bob (Zulema)Cordova, Anita Gonzales, and Shirley (Frank) Palacio, all from Pueblo. Sisters Jennie (Joe) Chacon, Denver and Rose Barela, Pueblo. Sisters-in-law Bertha Garcia, Trinidad and Josie Trujillo, Pueblo and special cousin, Leroy Lujan. Also thirty-nine grandchildren, eighty great grandchildren and eight great,great grandchildren, as well as numerous nieces, nephews, cousins and many friends.

Josephine was employed at Mt. San Rafael Hospital Nursery for many years as well as other various jobs in the community. She was a member of Holy Trinity Parish, the church choir and a member of Our Lady of Guadalupe Lodge, Catholic Daughters and VFW auxiliary. She was also chairwoman for the Democratic Party for many years.

During the last three years, she resided at Life Care Center of Pueblo where she had many wonderful friends and caregivers. She enjoyed spending time with her family and friends, watching the Broncos on TV, bingo games, and the occasional trips to Cripple Creek.

Visitation will be Wednesday, October 14, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and a Rosary will be recited at Holy Trinity Church at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14, and the funeral Mass at Holy Trinity on Thursday, October 15, at 10:00 a.m. with Father Becker as celebrant. Interment will follow at the Trinidad Catholic Cemetery, with graveside services by Our Lady of Guadalupe Lodge.

Honorary Pallbearers are Peter Espinoza, Leroy Lujan and her many friends.

Active Pallbearers will be grandsons John Robert Cordova, John A. Sanchez, Dean Gomez, John Albert Cordova, Jr., Robert Cordova, Frank Palacio, Jr., and Josh Cordova.

The family will receive friends at 113 N. Burlington and 1128 Willow Street in Trinidad and 42 Sepulveda in Pueblo.

The family has entrusted Mullare-Murphy Funeral Home with the arrangements.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 02-28-2010 at 09:05 PM.

To the family of Josephine Cordova: First of all condolences on the loss of your loved one. I have a rather strange theory and want to find out if there is anything to it. I have reason to believe my grandmother, Mary Trujillo died in childbirth. I believe she went home to Walsenburg, Co to have her baby. If she did die in childbirth then who raised the baby?? I'm assuming her family. The baby in questions was Marshall W. Crockett b:9/15/1913 but everyone knew him as "Skip". I noticed that Josephine had a brother named Skip...Could it be??? Just a theory. When you are searching for family members you sometimes have to think outside the box. I was hoping this is the key that will open the door to the brick walls I keep running into. Thank you for looking. My email is: [email protected]