Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Aragon Family

Aragon Family

In the 1900 Las Animas Census, My Great-Great Grandfather Isidro Aragon is listed along with his wife Juanita C Aragon. It list Her birth month, birth year and age. But, there is nothing listed for him. Just lines threw those boxes. It could be he did not know that information. It does show they were married 30 years at the time of the 1900 census and both of them were born in New Mexico as were both of their parents.
    Can anyone think of any other sources I could find out his birth information? I am also looking for names of their parents. I hit a wall here.

Thanks,
    P Aragon
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-27-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Hi My name is June Lara and I might have some information for you.
    In the 1960 federal census I see a Isidro Agagon age 28 born about 1932 with a Jauna C. Mascarenas born about 1836 there are two children listed Escolartica Aragon age 12 and Santana Aragon age 6 mo.in 1860 they lived in La Cebolla Mora,New Mexico Territory. I hope this helps you a bit. If I find more I will let you know.Sometimes when you are looking for someone their birthdates may
    vary with the information. I know about hitting a brick wall I am looking for aragons too and am haveing a hard time. My Grandfathers is Amadeo Aragon and cannot find any info on him. but anyway if I find more or you have any questions you can contact me at [email protected]
    Sincerly
    June Lara

Sorry I put wrong date for Isidro it should be 1832 my bad lol

sorry again 1860 federal census
    my double bad :D

Hi Guys, Just FYI, here's the marriage for that couple. (Thanks to June for the tip):

10/8/1859 Santa Gertrudes Mora NM Marriages page 21, Ysidro Aragón single s/o Candelario Aragón and Maria Altágracia Gomes (both deceased), residents of Plaze de Nuestra Señora del Carmen in the Plaza of La Cebolla with Juana Catalina Mascarenas, single d/o Miguel Mascareñas (deceased) and Maria Delubina Medina of Canoncito.

(page 21 Mora NM Marriages by HGRC-NM)

~Pat~

June and Pat,
    Thanks for the information. The names match, but I am just wondering about the years. According to the 1900 Census, Juanita Aragon my great great grandmother was born April 1841 and list her age as 59. The census has them being married 30 years at the time of the 1900 Census. That would have them being married around 1870. Of course the census is not always accurate. The census stated they did not read or write. Their son Jose Aragon my great grandfather could.
    June, I knew what you really meant when you accidently put 19 for they years. :)

Re: Aragon Family

Quote Originally Posted by aragon4 View Post
    In the 1900 Las Animas Census, My Great-Great Grandfather Isidro Aragon is listed along with his wife Juanita C Aragon. It list Her birth month, birth year and age. But, there is nothing listed for him. Just lines threw those boxes. It could be he did not know that information. It does show they were married 30 years at the time of the 1900 census and both of them were born in New Mexico as were both of their parents.
    Can anyone think of any other sources I could find out his birth information? I am also looking for names of their parents. I hit a wall here.

Thanks,
    P Aragon
    Hello P. Aragon: I've been randomly posting and reading in this forum, and kind of gave up because I wasn't sure who I was looking for. I've recently met a person who has the names Ysidro Aragon and Juana C. Mascarenas as the mother of our Maria Escolastica Aragon (my husband's gggrandmother). I've read the follow-up posts here and now we (the person who provided the names, as well as my husband) are really intrigued as to what you know about these folks. Any information would be most welcome! thanks, Juanita

Hello, I only got your message now. I really don't know much about my great great grandfather. Just what is in the records. Even my father does not know much about them. I'll keep looking.

See if any of this info matches any new info you have gathered. I had this info save in my research.
    1900 census
    Father-Marcelino Aragon b. Dec. 1863 NM
    Mother-Miguelita Gomez
    Children- Juan Isidro, Albinita, Erinea, Crusita Aragon

Married 15 yrs, a Farmer, resides in Torres, Co

In 1920 Census Juan Isidro and Sarita Aragon reside in Colfax County, NM. He was 33 and she was 18.

I have been researching the info for my great gr. father J. Francisco Aragon and ran into the above information for a cousin.
    ~Char~

and I'm just now checking back! I have learned a lot about the Aragon...Ysidro even has a civil war record. I'll be more dligent in checking...