Fishing Gear at Basspro.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee's B-B-Que

Thanks Dodie...Lee's is a long time Trinidad tradition. When you look at the different comments on Facebook it is neat to see ALL the different generations that have been there!![8D]

Even I have been there.

I always eat there when I am in in Trinidad. This is where my friends & I always ate when we were in school. I remember when they just had the counter & not the tables & chairs.
    Thanks Dodie for sharing with us.
    Char

Lee's is the best, it brings back such good memories when I go there and the food continues to be great!!!!!

HI Dodie, Lees's is the best and Barbara is a dear friend of mine. I am trying to have Lee's appear on Diners, Drive Inns and Dives on the food network. If we all send an email to [email protected] and suggest Lee's we have a much better chance of getting their attention. Please pass the word around and we will see if we can make it happen....Steffi:)
    Thank you for your help....

Please !!I'm not knocking Lee's BUT I wish Charly's was still around.
    I'm not sure that they may have had the chili bergers first, but
    theirs were"GREAT" They were 25 cents in 1949 when they were across
    from City Hall.bergers were 10 cents,and they had about 10 stools
    inside and curb service.How may of you remember that.Maybe Sandman remembers old Charly's I believe he is an old timer as well.

What I remember at Charly's was the big basket of french fries, Umm good. What was the burger place that was in the parking lot where Safeway is now? Did Charly's move there?

Back to Lee's B-B-Q ... Steffi, I signed up to Lee's on Facebook along with many other members of FB and thought I would let Trinidadco members know about Diners, Drive Inns and Dives on the food network. Hope everyone else will follow through.

Hi all I remember charleys yes it was in the parking lot of what is Safeways now. I went to school with Diann Festie whos dad owned Charleys I think Charley was Dianns grandfather. I think Dianns dad name was Charley also. I went school with Diann from first grade till we graduated in 1967. I remember going to Charleys with Diann and getting free burgers and fries after football games. I have not seen Diann since high school. I was told she still lives in town.Diann if you go on this sight I want to say hi. Long time no see we all missed you at the class reunion. Your old buddy George Tafoya.