Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Interest in Bowden and his canyon paintings.

Interest in Bowden and his canyon paintings.

Greetings! I am a newbie here. Thanks for allowing me to join this forum.

Back in April of 1962 my wife's parents visited Bowden's canyon and took several pictures. Over the years we had always talked of returning with them to visit again but never got around to doing it. They had trouble accessing the property in 1962 so we just never got around to making the effort to see about visiting again. Anyway they both passed away in 2001/2002 and I inherited boxes and boxes of their photos. I just recently finally got them sorted out found the pics of the paintings on the canyon walls. So still interested in going there and seeing if anything was left of the paintings when I was told it is now army property and inaccessable. So I guess that is that.

However I have transferred about 16 pics of the paintings and Martins cabin to DVD
    and if anyone is still interested in obtaining copies of the pics I would be glad to send them on to them. I can't imagine that too many of the pics are still around.

The wife and I attended the county fair in Trinidad a few years ago and had a great time. We especially enjoyed seeing the old stone horse barn. Would love to attend again some time.

Keith
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Keith Meakins; 03-13-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Re: Interest in Bowden and his canyon paintings.

In 1955 my father took me to visit a friend of his by the name of Jake ? who lived on the edge of the river north east of Trinidad. I remember climbing along a rock cliff that led to a cave. This man by the name of Jake lived alone in an what I remember as an underground home and he had many artifacts from the site. Anyone familar with this person?