Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Borrego family history

Borrego family history

Trying to find out whether a man named Felix Valentin Borrego lived in Trinidad in the mid 1900s, 50s, 60s, or so. Is there a phone book archive of that time period for Trinidad?

Re: Borrego family history

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIdJ View Post
    Trying to find out whether a man named Felix Valentin Borrego lived in Trinidad in the mid 1900s, 50s, 60s, or so. Is there a phone book archive of that time period for Trinidad?

Hi,

I couldn't find a directory from that period. Do you have some additional information for Felix that might help with the search? I did find a Felix Borrego in Boulder who was born in about 1904. I also found Felix Borrego with a Colorado WWI Draft Registration who was born in 1894, here is his is death index information:

Name: Felix Borrego
    Last Residence: 81082 Trinidad, Las Animas County, Colorado, USA
    Born: 12 Nov 1894
    Died: Mar 1977
    State/Year SSN Issued: Colorado (Before 1951)

Debbie

I also found the SS Death Index:

Debbie

Chronicle News-Felix Borrego 83 of 1417 San Pedro Street, Trinidad died March 26, 1977 at Mt San Rafael Hospital. Mr. Borrego was born November 12, 1894 in El Cada, New Mexico. The World War I veteran was a retired coal miner. He worked in the Bon Carbo, Ramey and Valdez coal mines. He is survived by his wife Epifania of the home address, daughter Mrs. Tony Madrigal of San Leandro, Calif., son Louis Borrego Sr. of Colorado Springs, Co., one brother James Borrego of Espanola, New Mexico, 13 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. Burial in the Catholic Cemetery.

Re: Borrego family history Thanks for the response and info. This is the fellow

Quote Originally Posted by alice romero View Post
    Chronicle News-Felix Borrego 83 of 1417 San Pedro Street, Trinidad died March 26, 1977 at Mt San Rafael Hospital. Mr. Borrego was born November 12, 1894 in El Cada, New Mexico. The World War I veteran was a retired coal miner. He worked in the Bon Carbo, Ramey and Valdez coal mines. He is survived by his wife Epifania of the home address, daughter Mrs. Tony Madrigal of San Leandro, Calif., son Louis Borrego Sr. of Colorado Springs, Co., one brother James Borrego of Espanola, New Mexico, 13 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. Burial in the Catholic Cemetery.

Quote Originally Posted by dvigil View Post
    Hi,

I couldn't find a directory from that period. Do you have some additional information for Felix that might help with the search? I did find a Felix Borrego in Boulder who was born in about 1904. I also found Felix Borrego with a Colorado WWI Draft Registration who was born in 1894, here is his is death index information:

Debbie
    Many thanks for the answer. It helped fill in the blanks here at home.

Re: Borrego family history Thanks for the response and info. This is the fellow

This info confirmed what I was looking for. He is from the family down here in New Mexico. Many thanks!

Talking Re: Borrego family history

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIdJ View Post
    Looking for connections to Borrego family who were associated with Claudio Mason Garcia b abt 1874 Calfornia, Esperidion Garcia b1842 Sonora Mexico, Juan Narciso Lucero b abt 1844-1859 Rio Arriba, New Mexico Territory, Maria Candelaria Cisneros b1856 Rio Arriba, Maria Adelaida Cisneros b abt 1858 Rio Arriba, Carlos Antonio Espinosa b 1881 Colton, San Bernardino Co, California. Families lived in southern Colorado region around 1900-1915, later moving to Los Angeles area where they raised families & later died.

Claudio Mason Garcia & Carlos Antonio Espinosa came to Colorado abt 1900 to work for Santa Fe Railroad - Claudio was a RR boss, hiring & firing. Carlos settled in Rocky Ford/La Junta area.

Family members say "Dick" Borrego would know about Narciso Lucero and or Adelaida Cisneros as there were many family kin connections.

Any info appreciated. Mary Anne