Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: detamore, moad, cunningham, old eagle,running fox,flying eagle,red plume

Post detamore, moad, cunningham, old eagle,running fox,flying eagle,red plume

I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER. SHE WAS FULL CHEROKEE. HER NAME WAS MARY CUNNINGHAM CC#4196 ENR#10103. I THINK HER FULL NAME WAS MARY JANE CUNNINGHAM.
    MARRIED TO STEWART DETAMORE. THEY HAD A DAUGHTER SARAH ETTA DETAMORE UPDYKE. I HAVE THEM IN TRINIDAD COLORADO, EL MORO COUNTY I BELIEVE. SOMEWHERE THERE IS A TIE TO THE MODE’S AND McCAMMENT’S I THINK. I DIDN’T FIND THIS OUT UNTIL SHE PASSED AWAY SEVERAL YEARS AGO. SHE HAD A NEWSPAPER CLIPPING IN HER EFFECTS THAT MENTIONED CHIEF OLD EAGLE AND HIS WIFE STAND IN THE MIDDLE. ALSO MENTIONED WAS RUNNING FOX, FLYING EAGLE, RED PLUME. THEY WERE ATTENDING THE INDUCTION OF THE NATION OF COMMANDER IN CHIEF “PAT” KEANNEY (I THINK THE NAME IS CORRECT, CANT READ IT BLURRED) INTO THE ARAPHOE TRIBE. OLD EAGLE WHO WILL PURFORM THE RITES. ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE ASSISTED HIM. IT ALSO MENTIONED DEPARTMENT OF COLORADO.

MY NAME IS MICHAEL MCDOWELL
    I AM FROM NOW
    SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
    MY TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 210-341-2463.
    MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
    I AM NOW 70 YEARS OLD AND HOLDING

THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME

SINCERELY
    MICHAL L. MCDOWELL

Re: detamore, moad, cunningham, old eagle,running fox,flying eagle,red plume

In the year of 1899 birth records were not recorded for the state of Colorado. However, birth dates can be found in baptismal records. I will see if Pat M. can locate the marriage license number for Stewart Maclung Detamore and Mary Jane Cunningham.

Masonic Cemetery; Trinidad, Las Animas, Colorado

Detamore,James M -Date of Int: 3/6/1932 - Section:42-Lot: 712-Row: W-5-Masonic;Sipe
    Detamore,Jewett P.-Date of Int: 9/16/1906 - Section:K-Lot: 107- Row: SE - IOOF
    Detamore,P.B.- Date of Int: 6/5/1903 - Section: K - Lot: 107 - Row: SE - IOOF
    Detamore,Vollie V. (Vallie) - Date of Int: 1880 - Section: K - Lot: 107 - Row: NE - IOOF

La Veta Cemetery; La Veta, Huerfano, Colorado (headstones)

Clarence Detamore born 1888 died 1973 Notes: On stone with Lydia Block 12 Lot # 19 Grave # 11

Detamore, Lydia born 1895 died 1985 Notes: On stone with Clarence, per disposition notification
    dated 4-28-1985, died in Jackson County, Missouri Block 12 Lot # 19 Grave # 12

Link: http://www.kmitch.com/Huerfano/laveta/6-166.jpg

Detamore, Clarence *6/17/1973 HW **6/21/1973 2 La Veta
    Detamore, Lydia *4/27/1985 HW **5/2/1985 2
    *Death Date
    **Paper Date

Land Patents:
    DETAMORE, CLARENCE 01/20/1939 1101106 - total of 640 acres
    DETAMORE, STEWART 10/1/1878 - Document #235; BLM #COCOAA 03659 160 acres; Alamosa County, Colorado
    Link: http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/search/default.aspx

Trinidad, Colorado Directory - 1888
    Link:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=DkN...lorado&f=false

Trinidad, Colorado Government - 1895
    Link: http://trinidad.co.gov/pages/library...chive/1895.pdf

Detamore, James - fireman D. & R. G.; 375 1/2 N. Chestnut

hi Michael, I'm Juanita - and just happened to come across your post. I am VERY familiar with Cherokee Genealogy and decided to followup on your Mary Cunningham. I'm not sure of all the 'befores' and 'afters' of your Mary Cunningham Detamore, but I do know from reading information on Mary Cunningham the Cherokeee that she married a William Cunningham, she was a Vann before marriage, was born in Indian Territory in 1857, and was living in Spavinaw OK in 1906. She shows on the OK/IT census in all years, with her children. I'm thinking that you are looking for a different Mary Cunningham than Mary Vann Cunningham. i'll gladly do more searching for you if you'd like.

juanita

Hi Michael, a little more about Mary Detmore…
    In the 1900 Federal Census, Trinidad, Las Animas Co, CO: Mary Detamore (wife of Stewart) was born in Dec 1867 in MO. Father born in Scotland, mother in MO. Married 14 years.
    In the 1880 Federal census for Moniteau county, MO: Mary Cunningham, b 1866, MO. Mother is Tabitha Cunningham b 1840 in MO. They are living next to two Moad families – Calvin and Martin Moad. Notes (in ancestry.com) indicate that the mother is Tabitha Jane Moad Cunningham.
    In the 1870 Federal census for MO, Tabitha, Mary and other siblings are there, and indicates that the father was ‘gone’ by then. There is a Moad living next to her then.
    In 1860 Cooper County Mo, there is a Thos Cunningham b Scotland, with wife T.J.M. Cunningham.
    In 1850, in Moniteau county MO, there is a Tabitha Moad with father Laevon and mother Mary.
    I think this family is worth a look-her being born in MO and the connection to the Moad name make them great candidates. If you get the census, you’ll be able to see all the information.
    juanita