Adobe Gold 728x90

Thread: Visit to Trinidad (and area)

Visit to Trinidad (and area)

Hi!

I am finally planning my first trip to Trinidad and the area and am really excited. (8 years ago I drove by the Spanish Peaks but could not stop, but I knew I had to go back someday).

I will be coming out for 4-5 days in either early or late June.

I need recommendations of good (relatively inexpensive) places to stay - for 2.

Also - any suggestions of where to go - good food - nice people to meet, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Andria from Connecticut
    [email protected]

The super 8 motel is good. We stayed ther last year, about $60/night. We plan on using them again this year when we come out.

Andria--
    Good luck on your upcoming trip to this wonderful town! Make sure to take a drive to Monument Lake--the drive is so beautiful. As for places to stay, I would recommend the Holiday Inn or the Best Western. Make sure to eat at Nana and Nanos Pasta House (on Main Street) for the best Italian Food you'll ever have! Also make sure to eat at Lee's Bar-B-Q (near Kit Carson Park) for green chili cheese fries. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, take the round-trip 10 mile hike to Fisher's Peak. Whatever you do, you'll certainly appreciate the friendliness of the Trinidad residents and the peaceful feeling of a small town.

quote:Originally posted by Andria

Hi!

I am finally planning my first trip to Trinidad and the area and am really excited. (8 years ago I drove by the Spanish Peaks but could not stop, but I knew I had to go back someday).

I will be coming out for 4-5 days in either early or late June.

I need recommendations of good (relatively inexpensive) places to stay - for 2.

Also - any suggestions of where to go - good food - nice people to meet, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Andria from Connecticut
    [email protected]

I have owned land in T'dad for about 15 years or so. I usually stay with friends but when I can't I stay at the Best Western in town. I have tried several others and they don't hold a candle and quite a few are down right rude. I don't know the name but on the east side of town is a dumpy littlle place on the right side of the road in Trinidad. Don't go there!!!!!! The Best Western has the best rates, rooms and service for my money. I usually get a room for about 45.00.
    They have always been clean, courteous , polite, and a pleasure to stay there.

Kimberly,

You had mentioned you can take a 10 mile hike to Fischer's Peak - where would one catch that trail at?

Thanks,

Denise [:I]