Print Free Coupons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Bank

Recommend Bank

Hello All,
    I will be moving to Trinidad next month. Can anyone recommend a bank in the area? (hate hidden fees)

Thanks, ATO
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Hi My family lives in the Trinidad area and has used First National Bank for decades probably over 40 years. First National Bank has branches in Walsenburg and Trinidad . My family established a relationship with this bank and they use it for their farm loans, car loans , accounts, savings, kids savings accounts, security box etc. I like it because they have never had their loans sold, they know everyone at the bank and because they are good customers they never had problems getting a loan.The bank works on its customer service. First National has the usual ATM fees ,loan fees etc but so does my Bank Wells Fargo . I live near Colorado Springs now. This is my opinion and someone else from the area might disagree. But if I moved back to Trinidad I would go to First National Bank again. Tex
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Wow My grandparent and parent are from Trinindad. I spent a lot of time there growing up. I thought that trinidad national Bank was the only back there. Are there others?. It has been a few couple of years since I have been to Trinidad and did not get to do much. We were there for my uncles furnral.

There are several banks and pretty much have been since the 60's. First National is a leader though and has lasted longer than almost any other business in the county!
    www.Usmorlans.com the place for all things computer

There is Trinity Credit Union, International Bank, Century Savings and Loan and Bank of the West.
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    Join Trinidad Free Cycle!
    It\'s a grassroots movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Membership is free. Have fun and keep on Freecyclin\'!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrinidadFreeCycle/

Thanks all for the information and your time.

ATO
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:26 PM.

I for one used to always bank at First National Bank of Trinidad, but then Joey DeGarbo opened up his bank, International Bank and my husband and I have had really good success. I have known Joey for along time and I moved when he opened up his bank. We still use International Bank even though we are in New Mexico and we still get the best of treatment, as if we were still in Trinidad. I highly recommend this one. threelazyl
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:27 PM.

I have used First National Bank with no issues, but have not heard anything bad about any of the other banks. FNB has been around a long, long time. I found this picture on ebay and wanted to share it.

Amazing that Trinidad was important enough at that time to have banks issuing new notes.
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:28 PM.

So how much was this going for on ebay
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Here is the item - http://cgi.ebay.com/1929-50-National...temZ8310303081

They are asking the odd price of $674.89. It's in someone's eBay store - not an actual auction.

There are all sorts of neat things in the ebay search for Trinidad Colorado - http://search.ebay.com/trinidad-colo...fkrZ1QQfromZR8.
    Check out this beer can made here in the 50s - http://cgi.ebay.com/KARLS-BEER-Flat-...mZ6175479405QQ

Sorry for the thread hijack...
    Last edited by Dodie; 03-04-2010 at 07:31 PM.