Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Gas prices

Hi Dodie,
    This is a good topic & honestly I believe that all of us learned something from each & every posting. Glad to see you on the forum. Hope you are having fun. [:o)]
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:12 PM.

WGutie77
    Hey ese, you're alright. I'm better now, took your advice. I really enjoy the discussions here, have learned a lot about my hometown.
    You guys who were in school in the 70's must have had a rowdy time. In the 50's we thought we were pretty hotstuff, but now I wonder.
    Good luck in your business pursuit. Later.[8D]

:D Thanks Zonie63, you are very kind. Say, did you attend Trinidad High and graduate in '63 ? If you did, do you remember my uncle LeeRoy Cordova ? I think he graduated in '62 or '63. He's a lawyer in California and has been working for Rural Legal Services for many years, in Colorado, Texas and California. He told me some stuff about growing up in Trinidad in the '50s ! As for attending Trinidad High in the '70's, we thought we were cool because my class ('77) was the first to attend all 4 years at the NEW High School. Shiny gold dome, new gym, new building, but probably some of the same teachers !!! I know Mr. Nogel, Mr. Ortiz, Mr. LaPena, Mrs. DiPaolo and many others that were there in the 70's were there in the '50's. I know this cuz I saw their pics in the old Pinon Yearbooks ! I loved my days at THS and I loved competing in sports and other activities against bigger and richer schools, like Mullen, Regis and Cherry Creek. They always acted SO Superior, and would be real ticked off if they lost to lowly, impoverished, Class AA, rinky dink THS ! Those were truly the Glory Days my friend. Thanks again for your support. [8D]

wgutie77, you have you have stated your opionions eloquently.
    You are man enough to try and get beyond this topic and have
    said so many times. You are not the only one in on this because it
    does effect each and everyone of us. We are AMERICANS
    we have the right to dialog that is why we have sacrificed
    so much for freedom. We have for the most part
    voiced our opions in a respectable manner. These type
    of issues burn deep with many of us and we all have
    various reasons why we believe what we believe. Without
    dialog we do not resolve anything we start shooting at
    each other. I don't know about the rest of you but I would
    just as soon dialog. We may come to terms with these issues
    and be in a better position to vote people into office
    that will represent our beliefs. We have good stuff here
    on both sides of the issue lets let our polliticans know how we feel. Like I said earlier we can not change government unless we change the people we send to Washington. Although I may not agree
    with everything that is said I become a better person and more knowledgeable from your insight. Keep up the dialog, these issues are tough to deal with but we all walk away knowing more in the long run.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks Al, coming from you that means alot to me. You're right, tough issues sometimes need scrutiny. It always amazes me when people who belong to political groups who argue a position along monolithic party lines seem to resort to changing the subject, diminishing the importance of the subject matter or launching personal attacks, when their position is B.S. With all due respect to Sandman and Double Barrel, from whom I learned some things I didn't know or undertand about the oil industry, they have passion in defending an industry which provided apparently a quality life for them. That's fine. My beef is with oil execs and politicians who try to defend huge profits and shameless windfalls by suggesting their profits "are in line with other industries based on the size of the company & other factors". I Googled the phrase "oil company profits" and was astounded to see all the news articles, which seemed to centralize the theme that profits the size seen in the last two years bears absolutely no relation to productivity and efforts by oil companies. That is the definition of "windfall profits". The adjective described about how Americans have reacted to this was the word "OUTRAGE". Our discussion has been meek and mild compared to some discussions elsewhere. So why should so many people be so "outraged" ? Something is clearly wrong and needs to be addressed by the elected government. Here's an interesting quote about the Republican Majority Leader's response to the high price of gas over a year ago: Sen. Bill Frist (R., Tenn.), the Senate majority leader, asked the chairmen of three Senate committees to investigate high energy prices and said he might support a federal anti-price gouging law. "If there are those who abuse the free enterprise system to advantage themselves and their businesses at the expense of all Americans, they ought to be exposed, and they ought to be ashamed," he said in a statement. What happened between then and now ? Those were some pretty serious words back in May 2005. The fact is, our Congress has done NOTHING to deal with gas prices, windfall profits, alternative energy, global warming, yatta yatta ! I'm tired now; need to go to work in the a.m. Really great to hear from you Alan, you are a true Bro ! :D
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Dodie, I'm sorry to keep rambling on regarding this subject. I think the dozens of folks who have read this post know where I stand at this point ! I'll let others have a chance to speak their minds, or perhaps no one wants to walk this path now, considering the obstacles and high level emotion of this subject matter. Thank you Petey for trying to keep peace. I'm sorry if I let you down in anyway, going off like I have (just like in the olden debate team days at THS)!!! I haven't expressed my views on any political issues in a VERY LONG TIME. For many years, I have been trying to be politically correct by not engaging in any discussion or debate of real substance because I thought grown ups don't argue anymore unless it's job related. Thank you folks for providing this forum. I guess I found an issue that is burning in my brain that needed to be expressed. Thanks again ! :)
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Gee, I went to bed early with visions of brown ale baths and the good old days of my youth and while I did everyone turned naughty on me. Locking this topic as really this forum just isn't going to be the place for hurt feeings over simple debates as long as I can help it....DB your thoughts are ALWAYS welcome here just like everyone elses. Wayne thanks for just letting this go. Dodie go back to vacation. I will stay on top of things better from now on. TOPIC LOCKED now so we can all be pals again dang nab it.
    Ciao
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 09:50 PM.