Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Annual Stonewall Fall Festival !!

Al, we have quite a bit of mesquite here and even though you would think it would be cheap to buy, it isn't. It is cheaper to purchase than the other wood and right now it's selling for $200 a cord. Still TOO much especially when you have to buy over two cords. We burned between three/four cords last winter.

DB, I'm beside myself right now from your offer! Hubby just went to sleep, but in the morning during our coffee, I will certainly pass this generous information on to him. I would love to get to Trinidad and do this before it gets busy at work. I will let you know forsure - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-03-2010 at 06:00 PM.

AL that is the same building...your picture is to the left if you set the pictures side by side of DB's photo...Still there today all of it!
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Al, it was me. I'm the one that misses the buffalo at Monument. I quess I will have to go and visit Ted Turner's ranch. The picture is so nice and the buffalos look so sweet, peaceful and content grazing.

Dodie; funny thing about those buffalo and tourists ;) Just some interesting trivia- I just finished reading a study that was compiled on Yellowstone back in the late 90's; it stated that more people are killed by buffalo than bears in the park each year. Apparently, tourists think its cool to walk right up to one and have their picture taken with it. Usually doesn't work out to good for the tourist ;).
    I have a friend in Wyoming that runs a herd of 750 on 14K acres (Twin Pines Ranch near Wheatland) and he tells me there is no such thing as a domesticated buffalo. I asked him about assisted calving like they do with cattle and he laughed until tears ran down his face. He said "no, son, they are on their own during calving". He still laughs about it today. I bought an 18 month old bull from him back in 2003 for $640. Buffalo meat is quite good; even my doctor recommends it over beef - he wants me to buy another and go in half with me.

Pete; with me, its hit and miss as to when I get to town. For the time being I plan on coming to town on the week of the Stonewall fest, but you never know what can happen. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-03-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Dodie, I am so with you on the peace of the buffalo out in that photo. Hanta YO! Anyway...Again nice photos. Thanks for posting them. Photos rule. Dodie I hope that this day turns out better than you expect my friend.
    DB Thanks! Hopefully I will be able. Tests start Thurs.

Pete, I'm praying for the tests to turn out good for two reasons: 1) for your well-being and 2) so we can have a draft together. Good luck to you buddy!
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-03-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks DB...The next 4 days are going to be interesting for sure. Hopefully this will get things set right and they can get on to properly treating me. I'm missing some fun stuff! [:p]:(

DB, that is quite interesting. I am surprise! I will take pictures of the wild but have never thought of having my kids pose with them. A person has to have respect for them.

My son and husband like buffalo burgers. Many years ago the only place that we could buy them was in Idaho but now you can buy them in many places in San Diego.

Pete, thank you. I do too, just a few more hours to go. My prayers as always are with you.

I love buffalo burgers...TBC has them on the menu! Goes great with Stout. [:p] Dodie. Hope things are going good for you and yours today as I know this is a tense day for you. :)

They use to have buffalo barbeque out at the old Armory, I don't remember if it was to raise money for Boy Scouts or what but it was good. You can buy Buffalo meat out here all cuts but it is expensive.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-03-2010 at 06:12 PM.