Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information

Thread: Dome Building

Dome Building

I was wondering about a building (a house I guess) that is between Gulnare and Aguilar. It has a big round dome and several smaller domes attached to it. It sits up on a hill not too far before you get to Adobe Gold's home office. It is on the same side of the road as Adobe Gold. We drive out that way quite a bit and I am just curious. I thought Charlie might know since it is quite close to them.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 12:09 AM.

I'm not positive but what you might be seeing is the compound for Sound Wave Energy - a French Canadian organization that does sound healing work. Their web site is www.harmonyera.com. The son of the founder used to be one of my students and the building you are describing sounds similar to what he talked about.

Yes the dome homes are pretty unique. People either love them or hate them, there seems to be no inbetween. They were built for the home office of Nicole who did healing with Light and Sound and they planned on building a Retreat just above them. But unfortunately they weren't paying attention to covenants that prohibited a commercial business on the ranch and so have put the Dome homes up for sale and have moved their business.

From what I understand the homes where created by first blowing up a specially created Balloon then coating it with a foam then wrapping it with rebar and then spraying on Concrete, plastering the inside and then painting the outside. While they look odd and cold from a distance they are very warm, cozy and energy recharging from the inside. There is almost 6000 square feet of living space in the domes.

When I get a chance I will snap a photo from the distance and share it here.

Charlie

Are these the kind of homes that some are building down in the hurricane or high wind areas or is that something different?
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 12:08 AM.

My oldest sister built a dome house out here in Tubac during the 1950's it is still standing. They are really good with high winds but sound pretty funky when it rains.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-08-2010 at 12:08 AM.