Adobe Gold 728x90
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Parade

Labor Day Parade

What time does the Labor Day parade start? Growing up in Trinidad our family always made this a special day by going to the parade, Kit Carson park for a picnic, then over to the fairgrounds.
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-05-2010 at 03:45 PM.

1-3
    Labor Day Roundup & Rodeo. Las Animas County Fairgrounds. 866-480-4750, 719-846-9285.

1-3
    Labor Day Carnival. Las Animas County Fairgrounds. 719-846-4540.

1-3
    Sixty-eighth Annual Labor Day Tournament. Trinidad Municipal Golf Course, 1417 Nolan Drive. 719-846-4015,
    trinidadgc.com

Labor Day Parade, downtown Trinidad, 9am.

Source: http://www.historictrinidad.com/

thank you dodie

I have always enjoyed the Labor Day parade and whole weekend. It is the "big" weekend in town. You just can't find a parade like it anywhere - lots of local color and characters! Everyone seems to come home that weekend.

On line till Friday, August 31st.
    http://www.trinidad-times.com/main.a...ArticleID=1177

A word to the wise, do not go to the Armory dance with a rolling stones tee shirt on.[B)][B)][B)]

. . . "Each year, the annual parade just gets better and better lasting well over an hour with returning guests Al Kaly Shrine and The Westernaires. Each group has entertained parade watching well over 40 years.". . .
    http://www.trinidad-times.com/main.a...ArticleID=1177

Hay Al that was pretty funny did you do that? The labor day parade was always fun for all of the Tafoyas my mom would let me and my brothers go down town and sit on the curb and save a place for everybody in my family we had to save alot of room for all of us. I had an old uncle that was always in the parade he was a real cowboy he worked on ranches all his life. We would wait for him to ride by on his horse and wave at him and he would ride up to all of use and he would talk to my mom and dad and all of use and we all felt so special. After the parade he would ride his horse to our house and let us pet and feed and water the horse. My uncles name was Gus Johnson when I was a kid I always thought that was the coolest cowboy name I have to laugh when I think about it now. Some time back in the late sevties early eighties a writer from the Denver Post did a story on the old cowboys and my uncle Gus Johnson was one of those he wrote about. He worked all over southern Colorado he was quite the good old boy he lived a good long life he died about ten years ago he was ninty seven when he passed. I remember going to the carnival and the rodeo at round up park. I think I was in T-dad on labor day about ten years ago the parade route had changed and it didnt seem as big. Anyway I have good memories.

I think GUS is a great cowboys name! Did you save that article that the Denver Post wrote about your uncle?

Do real cowboys tuck their pants in their boots?

Barberego, that did happen to me. I had just returned from a Rolling Stones Concert in Boulder Co with your brother Ronnie. I had decided that it would be fun to go dance with some cow girls. I was dancing like crazy and the cow girls seem to be having fun. I guess the cowboys did not like the fact that I was having so much luck dancing with all the gals so they decided to pick me up and carry me out side and beat the living day lights out of me. I guess Rock and Roll and Country just didn't mix back then. Now it is hard to tell the two apart.