Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices in trinidad

schilling34 - Thanks for staying involved! :) Just wondering- where do you find Octane at 87 for a low? The places in town I have checked were all at 85 as of a couple of days ago- Did they really raise the Octane here in town or just change the label? (not accusing anyone, just curious) Yes, Amato Truck Stop in Aguilar has been for sale for a LONG time- it was actually under contract this time last year - guess that fell through- I will be keeping my eyes open and I have been telling everyone I know to do the same- even if they are not internet users, I am letting them know that I will be happy to post their observations for them. If we all stick together, we CAN make a difference. Just a reminder to everyone else - please also use http://www.coloradogasprices.com/ On this site, it shows average Colorado gas prices are at $4.02 today- Trinidad is listed on the list as being among the highest gas prices in Colorado -Lastly, as schilling34 mentioned in an earlier post, please make use of http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

I stopped at the Diamond Shamrock at Main and I-25 last night. You're taxing my brain now :D but I think it was 87, 89 and 91 octane. Just did a brief glance at the pump to see which button to push!

Just read some tips on one of my "freebie" websites at http://www.shop4freebies.com/moneysavingtips.html

Here they are!

Tips On Pumping Gas!

Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations,have their storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the,more dense the gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon.

When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages: low, middle, and high. You should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimizing the vapors that are created while you are pumping.

All hoses at the pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor.
    Those vapors are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the evaporation.

Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the storage tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the most value for your money.

Excellent, Excellent Post Daze! You taught this old dog some new tricks!

I wonder how soon Warren McDonald will be breaking ground on his new truck stop. The water tap was the only thing stopping the project.

May 13, 2008
    COMMUNITY

Water taps moratorium lifted

By Randy Woock
    for The Trinidad Times Independent

TRINIDAD, Colorado (STPNS) -- The City of Trinidad lifted its moratorium on selling water taps last week with the signing of an amendment to the 2002 resolution banning their sales. The moratorium on water tap sales was originally put in place as a conservation effort during a lengthy drought.

Resolution 1327 modifies the 2002 ban by allowing Trinidad's city council to consider the granting of taps on a case-by-case basis.

"We had a resolution curtailing to water tap...because of the drought conditions, so this just basically amended somewhat the resolution...to allow the taps outside the city limits...(petitioners) have to come in and apply," Trinidad Utilities Administrative Assistant Linda Vigil said.

Where is this new truck stop going to be built?

Is Warren McDonald breaking ground on a brand new truck stop or did he purchase one? At one time, he was interested in purchasing Amato's Truck Stop in Aguilar.

quote:Originally posted by laticia

Where is this new truck stop going to be built?

:( $4.39!!!!! Don't know what's going on in Walsenburg, but Raton was $4.10 today-

Walsenburg was $3.90 at the Western and $3.94 at the Phillips today. The others were $4.05.

Haven't been to work, so I guess the Duran's are at it again? I didn't check Friday night, just Friday morning.

MacDonald is building somewhere in north Trinidad.

Good story in the Times Chronicle about the Safeway Gas Station. I guess September is "D-Month". Good.