Print Free Coupons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abel Duran & Isabel Ware-Duran

Abel Duran & Isabel Ware-Duran

re: Abel Duran & Isabel Ware-Duran

Abel Duran (son of Vidal Duran & Estafana)
    - born March 15, 1875, New Mexico Territory
    - deceased February 31, 1919, Aguilar, Colorado (age 44) Mine expl *death cert

Isabella ‚€œIsabel‚€Ě Ware (daughter of Joseph Ware & Josefina Tehada Chavez)
    - born November 21, 1885, Socorro, New Mexico
    - deceased March 17, 1965 Aguilar, CO *death cert

Children of Able and Isabel...
    - Terecita Duran, born July 15, 1906, Aguilar, CO
    - Eugene Joseph Duran, December 29, 1907, Aguilar, Colorado
    - Esther Duran, born approximately 1912, Aguilar, CO
    - Avenicio "Nisho" Duran, born January 15, 1913, Aguilar, CO
    - Josephine Duran, born June 26, 1915, Aguilar, CO
    - Stephina Duran, born approximately 1918, Aguilar, CO
    - Eloisa (father unknown), born approximately 1923, Aguilar, CO

Eugene Duran is my Great-Grandfather. Any additional information about the ancestors of Abel and Isabel would be greatly appreciated. This information is from the death certs and 1880 & other Census & partly verified by my grandmother.
    Last edited by Dodie; 02-27-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Eugene J. Duran 9/26/1965 Died in San Diego CA. where he was residing. Born 12/29/1907 in Aguilar CO. Survivors include five daughters Mrs. Marian Martinez, Sister Mary Doris, Sister Mary Eugene, Mrs. Pauline Hurtado, and Mrs. Flora Alvarado; one brother Avenicio Duran; four sisters Mrs. Joe Johnson, Mrs. Joe Atencio, Mrs. Josephine Montoya, and Mrs. Santos Pedraza. Buried 10/1/1965 at St. Anthony's Catholic Cemetery, Aguilar. Chronicle News 9/28/1965
    (Aguilar CO Obits, Ted Rousses.)
    Name: Isabel Ware
    Home in 1900: Engle, Las Animas, Colorado
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
    Birthplace: New Mexico
    Relationship to head-of-house: Sister-in-law
    Race: White
    Household Members: Name Age
    Demas Duran 35
    Laura Duran 26
    Jose M Duran 10
    Juan Duran 8
    Isabel Ware 13 (sister-in-law)
    Wm Ware 18 (brother-in-law)

Tim, Laura Duran is Flora/Laura Ware. She is Isabel and Willaim's sister. Isabel then married Abel Duran, (Dimas's brother) 1902 Holy Trinity Church..

Josefa C Ware (head of Household)
    Home in 1900: Socorro, Socorro, New Mexico
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1862
    Birthplace: New Mexico
    Race: White
    Household Members: Name Age
    Josefa C Ware 38
    Jose Ware 16
    Charley Ware 10
    Robert Ware 7
    Barbara Ware 5

Estefana's Maiden name is Nieto.

Tim send me an email and I'll send you the Durans as they are my ancestors too.

~Pat~

Hi Tim my name is George Tafoya I saw your post on the genealogy sight and thought I would put in some info about mine and your families. My grandmother was Flora Duran who was my Dads mother his name was Juan Tafoya and he had an only brother Mike Tafoya. Flora Duran \Ware married your great grandfathers brother. She was a younger sister to Isabel Ware your great grandfathers wife. But my dad and his brother were Tafoyas sons of Flora Duran\Ware\Tafoya. There dads name was Gregorey Tafoya. They were all born in New Mexico. I think they came to colorado when my dad and his brother were pretty young. I assume that is when my grand mother married into the Duran family in Agular. I was born in Agular my self. My dad had alot of kids from two wives. He had seven children from his first wife and then sixteen from my mother. My dad and uncle died back in the late seventies and early eighties. My mother is still alive she lives in Denver in an assited living place. She is ninetie one years old and is in pretty good health. Her name is Mary Sovida Johnson\Tafoya. She was born and raised in Agular. She would be the person to talk to about everybody. Her long term memorey is still good. How about yourself where to you fit into this family? Where do you live how old are you? I live in Minnesota and I am durning sixty in November. If you see this post let me know I would like to talk more. If you do not want to talk on this sight you can e-mail at [email protected].

Hi Tim my name is George Tafoya I am responding to your post on the genealogy sight. I am related to the Duran family that you are doing a search on through my dad. My dads name was Juan Tafoya his mother my grand mother was Flora Ware. She was the sister of Isabel Ware your great grandfathers wife. My dads father was Gregorey Tafoya who must have died or left his family in New Mexico. My dad and his brother Mike and there mother then came to colorado and settled in Agular Co. I assume that is when my grand mother married into the Duran family. My dad lived and worked in and around Agular all of his life he worked in the coal mines as did his brother. My mother was also from the Agular her name is Mary Sovida Johnson\Tafoya. She is still alive and well she is ninety years old and lives in Denver. She would be a good source for you . Some of her family married into the Duran family also. The Stephine Duran is my aunt who married my mothers brother Joe Johnson my uncle. If you see this post please contact me I would like to talk to you and find out who you are. I think I could help you in your search. My e-mail is [email protected].

ABEL DURAN RESEARCH...

Pat, thanks, This is from what I had and what you gave me, thanks ;) Tim
    [u]
    Residences:</u>
    Precinct 14, Las Animas, Colorado (1880 United States Census; http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp)
    Aguilar, Las Animas, Colorado (Colorado Death Certificate)

[u]Birth date:</u>
    1874 (1880 United States Census)
    1875 (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Nacio 1875 (headstone, St. Anthony’s Catholic Cemetery)
    3-26-1875 (St Mary's Baptisms, Walsenburg, CO; http://www.kmitch.com/Huerfano/baps1.html)

[u]Father:</u>
    Vidal Duran, New Mexico, United States (1880 United States Census)
    Vidal Duran (St Mary's Baptisms, Walsenburg, CO)

[u]Mother:</u>
    Estefana Duran, New Mexico, United States (1880 United States Census)
    Estefana Vigil (St Mary's Baptisms, Walsenburg, CO)

[u]Birth Place:</u>
    Colorado, United States (1880 United States Census)
    Aguilar, Colorado (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Unknown (son, Eugene Duran’s California Death Certificate)
    [u]
    Spouse(s):</u>
    Rita, 20 Jan 1896 Holy Trinity Church, Trinidad, CO (Holy Trinity Church 1866-1916 Microfilm#002784,p.28)
    Isabel Duran (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Ysabel Ware, 31 Oct 1902, Holy Trinity Church, Trinidad, CO (Holy Trinity Church 1866-1916 Microfilm#002784,4)
    [u]
    Deceased:</u>
    Feb 31, 1919, Aguilar, Las Animas, Colorado (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Murio 1919 (headstone, St. Anthony’s Catholic Cemetery)
    March 31, 1919, Empire Coal Mine (http://history.denverlibrary.org/research/mining/D.html)

[u]Buried:</u>
    Catholic Cemetery (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Headstone, St. Anthony’s Catholic Cemetery

Sorry for the two posts of the same topic I thought the first post did not go through. There is some different info in the two posts.

Vidal Duran was my great grandfather's nephew.

~Pat~
    Last edited by PAMM; 02-25-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: spelling

George:

Flora Ware was born/baptized 10/17/[u]1875</u> Socorro NM (per obituary)

Isabel Ware was born/baptized 11/21/[u]1885</u> Socorro NM.

I have a total of eight children in this family.

~Pat~

ISABEL WARE RESEARCH...

Here are my sources of information for Isabel Ware.
    ***I'm searching for more info about Isabel's father, from my research I found 3 different first names for him.

Residences:
    1900 Engleville, Gray Creek, San Francisco Mesa, Las Animas, Colorado (1900 United States Census)
    1902 Oct 31 Hastings (Holy Trinity Church 1866-1916 Microfilm#002784,4; *courtesy Pat Manalo)
    1919 Aguilar, Las Animas (Abel Duran Death Certificate)
    1965 Aguilar, Las Animas (Colorado Death Certificate)

Birth date:
    11/21/1885 (Colorado Death Certificate)
    abt 1887 (1900 United States Census; http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch)
    21 NOV 1885 (Pedigree; Form submitted by a member of the LDS Church. http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp)

Birth Place:
    Socorro, NM (Colorado Death Certificate)
    New Mexico (1900 United States Census)

Christening:
    21 MAR 1886 Ch Of San Miguel, Socorro, New Mexico (Pedigree; Form submitted by a member of the LDS)

Father:
    Robert Ware (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Joseph Ware (Pedigree; Form submitted by a member of the LDS)
    Guillermo Ware (Registrum Matrimoniorum, Holy Trinity Church)

Mother:
    Josefita Chavez (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Josepha Tahada Chavez (Pedigree; Form submitted by a member of the LDS)
    Josefa Chavez (Registrum Matrimoniorum, Holy Trinity Church 1866-1916 Microfilm#002784,4)
    Josefita Ware (Aguilar, Colorado, Obituaries and Death Notices, Theodore L. Rousses. P64)

Spouse(s):

Abel Duran, 1902 Oct 31 (Registrum Matrimoniorum, Holy Trinity Church 1866-1916 Microfilm#002784,4)
    Widowed (Colorado Death Certificate)
    Abel Duran (son, Eugene Duran's Death Certificate)

Deceased:

3/17/1965 (Colorado Death Certificate)
    17 MAR 1965 (Pedigree; Form submitted by a member of the LDS)

Buried:
    Aguilar Catholic Cemetery (Colorado Death Certificate; Obituaries and Death Notices, Theodore L. Rousses. P24)

Duran, Isabell 17 March 1965 - Died at her home in Aguilar. Born November 21, 1885, in Socorro, N. Mex., she has been a lifetime resident of this community. Survivors include for daughters Mrs. Eloise Pedraza, Mrs. Theresa Atencio, Mrs. Josephine Montoya, and Mrs. Steffie Johnson; two sons Avenico and Eugene Duran; two sisters Flora Duran and Barbara Duran; and one brother Robert Ware. Buried March 20, 1965, at St. Anthony Catholic Cemetery. [Chronicle News, 3/17/1965] (Aguilar, Colorado, Obituaries and Death Notices, Theodore L. Rousses. P24)

Ware, Josefita 30 December 1940 - Died at her home at Aguilar. She was 88 Years old, a resident of Aguilar for 40 years. Survivors are four daughters Mrs. Flora Duncan, Mrs. Isabell Duran, Mrs. Mercedes Montoya, and Mrs. Barbarita Herrera; and for sons William , Joseph, Robert, and Charles Ware. Buried January 2, 1941 at Aguilar Catholic cemetery. [Chronicle News, 12/30/1940] (Aguilar, Colorado, Obituaries and Death Notices, Theodore L. Rousses. P64)
    Last edited by RR-Guy; 03-16-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Re: Abel Duran & Isabel Ware-Duran

Hi, my grandfather was Joseph Ware, and was married to his second wife, Antonia Ridgely, after Josefa and he were divorced. She took her children to Colorado, and you know the rest of the story. I am the daughter of his daughter, Irene Barbara Ware. I can fill in an incredible history of his life before Josefa, and also share about the reunion several years age with Josefa and Joseph descendants in Sacramento, California......the Antonia branch joined in that reunion, and it was wonderful. Let me know if I can help with information about Joseph....or Don Mingo, as he was also called at times. Gaylee