Paternal Lineage Test for $99 by AncestryByDNA, Click Here for More Information
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emilio Ortiz and Todocio Ortiz in Trinidad, CO

Post Emilio Ortiz and Todocio Ortiz in Trinidad, CO

I just joined Trinidadco.com and noticed some posts that mentioned Emilio Ortiz, my grandfather on my dad's side. He was apparently a miner and self made lawyer who represented people against the RR. My dad Todocio Ortiz was born just outside of Trinidad, with brothers, Ernest, Richard, Gilbert, Armando(Joe) and sisters: Nora, Sadie and Teadora. I've been trying to locate ancestry connections. My dad's mother was a Bueno and the family tree as I understand it, has relatives with the Trujillo, Martinez, Guerle, Cisneros branches. I would like to create communication with those that have any information, as my folks have passed on and I'd like to build an ancestry picture.

Re: Emilio Ortiz and Todocio Ortiz in Trinidad, CO

Did Emilio Ortiz have a sister named Cornelia Ortiz who married Theodore Trujillo?

Dennis: grand dad's name was spelled Amelio. I found that as well as a listing of the family in the census records, I also found some history on grand ma.

Yes he did have a sister named Cornelia. I have gone ahead and researched a little bit more on my own. I have traced Amelio/Emilio and he used both names during his life and I am now trying to find the great grandparents on my paternol side. My mothers side is being a little more difficult. I have noticed that Las Animas Coutnty clerk's office does not publish any of its court records like Raton does. Do you have any advise, if you do or know of pictures please advise.

Cornelia Ortiz married Theodore Trujillo who is a 1st cousin 2x removed to me. I have three pictues of Theodore Trujillo's siblings and a few pictures of his brother, Camilo Trujillo's family, which was shared with me by my cousin, Freda. Sorry I don't have one of Cornelia. I am stumped on who Cornelia's parents are. On Ancestry, Cornelia is shown with surnames Wilson Ortiz. Ortiz is suppose to be her step-father and her mother is suppose to be Cisneros. I wonder if Abraham Cisneros is the uncle to Cornelia and Amelio\Emilio Ortiz? Also wondering if Emilio and Cornelia are half siblings.

What is Delia's parents names and do you know Delia's mother's surname? Someone on the forum might be able to do some look ups or there may already be some members from your Mother's line on this forum. Otherwise, LDS Family Center or contacting Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy in Denver which is also on Facebook (open forum) to see if they have books of marriage and baptisms covering the periods you are interested in.

If PAMM reads this post, she may be able to give you better advice.

Hello Dodie,
    I have been busy looking into the past...LOL Yes, I believe that Emilio and Cornelia are either half brother and sister because of the roughly ten year difference between the two of them and no other sibblings apparent plus, yes Abraham was their uncle. Emilio age 20 and Cornelia age 10 lived with Abraham back in 1900 on a farm/ranch in Bent, Colorado. I have not been able to find any other sibblings for Emilio or Cornelia. My father (Armando) once told me when I was a young that we had Cisneros blood in our family and I think it was Abraham father's sister who married Emilio's father. I have a cousin whose father is Gilbert, is checking to see if he remembers the names of Emilio's mother and father, I should know soon. The Martinez side has been a little easier and I have been able to trace them back to my great great grandparents.
    I haven't found the reference to Wilson Ortiz and now I about to send for information from Las Animas county for marriage records. Most of the families seem to have come from Santa Fe, New Mexico and Las Animas county.
    Thanks for the information the LDS and Hispanic Genealogy.
    Emilio's wife was Mary (Maria) V Bueno and I am having a little trouble finding her mother and her mother's maiden name.
    The Martinez side was Daniel son of Juan Isidro Martinez and Florenica Gallegos and I have found their parents names.
    My mother (Delia) her mother was Dorlores (Dolorita) Maldonado, father Leonardo Martinez and mother Ramonita Ortiz, interesting huh!! and I have found their parents. So, you see I have been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    Cornelia Ortiz married Theodore Trujillo who is a 1st cousin 2x removed to me. I have three pictues of Theodore Trujillo's siblings and a few pictures of his brother, Camilo Trujillo's family, which was shared with me by my cousin, Freda. Sorry I don't have one of Cornelia. I am stumped on who Cornelia's parents are. On Ancestry, Cornelia is shown with surnames Wilson Ortiz. Ortiz is suppose to be her step-father and her mother is suppose to be Cisneros. I wonder if Abraham Cisneros is the uncle to Cornelia and Amelio\Emilio Ortiz? Also wondering if Emilio and Cornelia are half siblings.

What is Delia's parents names and do you know Delia's mother's surname? Someone on the forum might be able to do some look ups or there may already be some members from your Mother's line on this forum. Otherwise, LDS Family Center or contacting Colorado Society of Hispanic Genealogy in Denver which is also on Facebook (open forum) to see if they have books of marriage and baptisms covering the periods you are interested in.

If PAMM reads this post, she may be able to give you better advice.
    I am a cousin of Cornelia whom I knew as a child. Three of her children are still alive. I have photos of her and will post when I figure out this system. I am told that Cornelia's mother was Adelaida Cisneros who was a sister of my great grandmother Maria Candelaria Cisneros b1856 Arroyo Hondo, Taos, NM. Their lineage going back to Felipe Neri Cisneros b1702 to Diego Cisneros b1608. Cornelia's father was said to be William Wilson and she used his surname, later adding stepfather Ortiz who Adelaida must have married but I have no records yet to confirm. I will ask family if they know anything about Abraham Cisneros and Amelio/Emilio Ortiz who appears to be a half brother or step brother. You can email me directly at [email protected] Good hunting, Mary Anne

Maryanne, so confusing. In the 1900 census Emilio and Cornelia are shown in the household of Abraham Cisneros and his wife, Adelaida Cisneros.

1900 Census Las Animas town (part of) Bent, Colorado
    HH #299-Cisneros, Abraham|Head (2C 2B)|Dec|1858|NM|Trader
    Adlaida|Wife|May|1860|40|4|2|NM
    Cisneros, Juanita|Dau|Nov|1891|8|CO
    Cisneros, Jose|Son|Aug|1893|6|CO
    Ortiz, Emelio|Boarder|Jany|1880|20|CO
    Ortiz, Cornelia|Boarder|Dec|1889|10|CO

Uploading pictures:
    click Reply, window opens
    click Go Advanced; scroll down to Manage Attachments
    click Manage Attachments; window opens
    click Browse which will open up your folder of pictures
    click picture you wish to upload
    click Upload
    After upload, click Close this window

Hello Maryanne,
    I am Ron Ortiz, I have ran into a wall until your comments at this site. I have been unable to any records for either Emilio/Amelio or Cornelia except for that record that showed them living with Abrahman Cisneros in Bent, Colorado. Emilio's father name is Todocio, mother is still a question. I will be emailing you...cousin....lol

Dodie,
    I believe that were full brother and sister. Their mother Adelaida had been married to Todocio Ortiz prior to marrying Abraham Cisneros. The time line seems to be right. I had found out that Todocio was my great grandfather, Emilio's father.